I'm Back from TT surgery

TberryRose
on 7/2/06 11:37 pm
Hello Everyone! I must say it is GREAT to be home! I am feeling better but my TT surgery did not go as uneventful as I had hoped it would. Surgery started out routine, but on day 2 is when the real FUN started for me--------------First my iron level dropped so I had to go on routine iron pills throughout the day, then I started feeling naucious and dizzy and it was descovered that my hemoglobin level dropped very low so I was constantly being watched. I was told I would need a blood transfusion and had to sign to receive two units of blood. Then I ran a fever, then I started to retain fluids. To make a long story short, I had the surgery on Tuesday and came home yesterday/ Sunday. The best part of my hospital stay was Dr. Adaniel removed 10 lbs of skin and I was given a private room while in the hospital. The staff was WONDERFUL, FRIENDLY AND CARING! Yes, even with what I went through I would do it again and let me tell all of you who have had or will have more evassive surgeries than mine I give all of you LOTS OF CREDIT! I feel like crap now with feeling weak, cold, hot, cold etc and I know what I have gone through with just one procedure and can only immagine going through multiple procedures at the same time!!! Those of you who are reading this and have NOT gone through your procedure yet--Please do not let what I have just typed scare you because each one of us is different and I just happened to be one of those who did not have it easy! I also remember now that when I was recooperating from my hysterectomy I went through the same thing with the very low drop in my hemoglobin to the point that I was being considered for a blood transfusion even back then but did not actually require one. So now I know that in the future I would be better off to donate my own blood ahead of time for upcoming surgical procedures so they have it on hand should it ever be needed again. Well, its time for a pain killer and then I am off to la la land. Talk to you later! Love Marianne
Lynn J
on 7/3/06 1:03 pm - LA
Marianne, I am glad everything turned out alright for you. I am so jealous. I want a tummy tuck so badly. My ins. co. doesn't cover PS even if medically necessary. I am going to have to save up the money or borrow it. I hope you recover quickly. Take care. Lynn J., lap RNY 9/29/04 -160 lbs.
Ruth S.
on 7/4/06 12:21 pm - Orlando, FL
Congrats on having surgery.......wish i could do it as Lynn J pointed out...I would have to save for that or any surgery...so for now I must be satisfied with the flappy wings and other stuff....as with any surgery there is pain and discomfort but let that serve as a good reminder that once we go through all that we should be vigilant not to let ourselves get back to old habits and ruined what we've worked hard for. Get plenty of rest and speedy recovery!!
sueboo
on 7/6/06 11:17 am - Saugus, CA
Hi Marianne congrats on getting through your surgery and having that behind you now! Sounds like you had some big scares, but all will be well. Thanks for the tip regarding donating our own blood pre-surgery, that is a great idea. I have my first tummy tuck consult in mid-august. I'll let you all know how that goes. I hope your recovery just gets easier and easier and that you are very happy with the results. Keep us posted! Love, Sue
Dollie-girl
on 7/6/06 6:14 pm - Birmingham, AL
Thanks for posting and hope recovery is fast. Flat tummy..must be nice. I'm having arms breast and inner thigh done in two weeks. Yes I'm scared but looking forward to results. Dollie-girl
terridakdal
on 7/11/06 12:29 pm - Waterford, CT
Hey Dollie, I wish you luck on your upcoming PS. I have inner thigh troubles too. May I ask what they do for that? I didn't know you could have it all done at once either. That is good to know for the future. Keep us posted on your surgery... terri
Piggybabe
on 7/7/06 6:25 am
Bless your heart!! I know that was all very scary. Soooooo glad you made it through and had GOOD care. That can make a BIG difference. Hopefully all the "bad" parts are behind you now and the future is bright. 10 lbs. of skin is GREAT!!! If I could have surgery I'm sure that it would get rid of this last 12 lbs. I need to lose!!! Congratulations on being finished. Get plenty of rest and take good care of yourself!!! Hugs, Pam
cskwj
on 7/7/06 4:12 pm - Cashton, WI
Congrats on being home from the tummytuck...I am super jealous!! I just had a baby, so I am holding my consult off until next year...then I will be ready to go!! Good luck and keep us updated on your recovery! Sherry
terridakdal
on 7/11/06 12:31 pm - Waterford, CT
Marianne, Welcome home and glad to hear that you are finally on the mend from your surgery. That must have been scary. Hope you are up and about soon. Congratulations! terri
Dollie-girl
on 8/3/06 11:52 pm - Birmingham, AL
I'm so happy for you..I know you will enjoy the flat tight skin in the future. For now just relax and let the healing happen. Best of both worlds Dollie-girl
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 875 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1128 views