Apathy and Weight loss

GloryGirl
on 7/9/06 11:54 am - Columbia, MO
Has anyone read any articles on significant weight loss and depression going together? In addition, significant weight loss and diminished sex drive? I did read an article about a semi-starvation study where both depression and diminished sex drive occurred when food was limited. In this study, individuals were focusing all their energies on food and had no time for emotional health or anything else. If you want to read that study, you can google semi-starvation study or go to http://www.possibility.com/epowiki/Wiki.jsp?page=EffectsOfSemiStarvation I'll confess, I have lost 164 lbs and feel sort of apathetic about most things. Maybe it's just my personality? Or maybe it's the fact that I'm 52 years old? But I really wasn't this way before. I'm probably just weird. Just wondering anyone else's thought.
Piggybabe
on 7/12/06 1:35 am
Well, I think that massive weight loss COULD affect your feelings toward life, but personally I would think it was a POSITIVE affect instead of negative ones. I do think that your age is more of a factor than you realize... (Sorry, mine is too) But I definitely don't think that you are "just weird". Everyone is affected differently by things. Could be a vitamin deficiency causing the apathy and depression. Like maybe you just don't "feel" like doing things and don't even realize it. It certainly wouldn't hurt to discuss these symptoms with your doctor. They are always interested in such things!!! Best wishes. Hugs, Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 875 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1128 views