I had a revision

weightlossdiva
on 3/29/07 10:31 pm - Tinley Park, IL
Hello all it's been a long time since I posted. I had my first surgery on 9/27/04 and just had a revision on March 21st this year and so far so good I have lost 14lbs in one week. The revision was neccessary before I failed myself on the first surgery but I have rededicated myself to being healthy Tema
Lynn J
on 4/2/07 8:45 am - LA
Tema, Why did you have to have a revision? I had my surgery 2 days after your first surgery. Did you use the same surgeon? Lynn J., lap RNY 9/29/04
weightlossdiva
on 4/2/07 9:45 am - Tinley Park, IL
I never reached goal weight and stopped losing and actually starting gaining...This of course I know was all my fault...I decided to would talk to the surgeon and he agreed to try and help me again by doing the revision....I'm very grateful for the second chance....Yes i used the same surgeon Tema
Lynn J
on 4/2/07 7:53 pm - LA
Tema, Thanks for responding. What did the surgeon do in the revision? Did he make the pouch smaller or bypass more intestine? Did your insurance cover the revision? Sorry for all the questions. Lynn J., lap RNY 9/29/04
weightlossdiva
on 4/2/07 10:57 pm - Tinley Park, IL
Yes he made the pouch smaller and bypassed more intestines and the insurance was not a problem i had medicare and medicaid
steel38
on 4/15/07 9:31 pm - piscataway, NJ
Hi Tema, I'm sure my poucher will be smaller, but not certain if more of my intestines will be bypassed. I have the best surgeon around and I trust him to do the right thing! Like you, I do feel I cheated myself, and i am even more determined this time. Stay in touch and let me know how you are doing. I'm scheduled for 5/4, and I can't wait to get started. Steel
weightlossdiva
on 4/15/07 11:34 pm - Tinley Park, IL
Yes lets keep in touch i'll add you to my friends list and good luck in may it will be here before you know it Tema
steel38
on 4/12/07 11:41 am - piscataway, NJ
I too had the surgery in 9/04 and "only" lost 80 lbs! I know I have bn cheating and have gained 25lbs. I am planning a revision for 5/4/07. I hope and pray that I too can get back on track! Best wishes. Steel
weightlossdiva
on 4/12/07 11:40 pm - Tinley Park, IL
I wish you the best...i'm 3wks out and have lost 20lbs so far Tema
steel38
on 4/30/07 3:44 am - piscataway, NJ
Hi Tema, My drevision date is Friday. I'm hoping I get back on track and start losing again. One thing I've learned from this experience is that this is indeed a lifelong battle, and I have to rememkber that on a daily basis! I'll let you know how i'm doing. Best wishes. Steel
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 875 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1128 views