BOOK REVIEW: "Before and After WLS"

Oh, Donna
on 6/26/04 4:37 pm - North Bay Area, CA
"Before and After WLS" by Susan Maria Leach It's a MUST have for all WLS patients! She has over 100 recipes and a lot of them are protien shake recipes. I've tried a few already and I HIGHLY recommend this book. I've actually purchased a few for gifts to my friends who have had WLS before me and have helped me greatly through this process. You can order it through amazon.com for $17.00 Anyone else have a MUST have book concerning WLS? OH, I've heard that the Atkins recipe book is also a MUST have since it recommends high protien low carb. Donna
sassy
on 6/27/04 6:59 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
I recently read Carnie Wilson's "I'm Still Hungry" and was completely disgusted with it. I will admit that there was some information about her experience that I enjoyed reading, but most of the book was about when she posed for playboy and there was too much cursing in it for me. But, that is just my opinion. I think she could have cleaned up her language a little, okay, a lot, and talked less about sex and playboy.
hope4life
on 6/27/04 10:46 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Do you need a credit card to order off of Amazon.com?? I heard about WLS before and after and was wondering how good it was and was still debating about purchasing it. I am really shocked about Carnie Wilson's book. It was that bad huh? I thought she would have talked more about WLS than sex etc. I was considering that book too but I will take your word for it and not purchase it. Erin
hope4life
on 6/28/04 3:43 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
I ordered the book as well as this other WLS book as a package deal. I mailed my payment this AM so I should get it sometime around July 11th or 12th. I guess they have to wait for my check to clear too. I can't wait to read them. Thanks for putting the bug in my ear. Erin
Oh, Donna
on 6/28/04 12:27 pm - North Bay Area, CA
Well, lol, I wouldn't REALLY put a bug in your ear , haha... you will definately enjoy the Before and After book and the recipes. What other books did you order?
hope4life
on 6/29/04 12:36 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Donna you are so funny. I really needed a laugh today....LOL...That is kinda nasty....just putting a bug anywhere is gross.....LOL....I will post it later because I have to check with my email addy and find out from the confirmation note amazon sent. Be back in a jiff Erin
hope4life
on 6/29/04 12:45 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
I'm BAAAACK! The books I ordered was: Before and After and Eating well after WLS by Susan Maria Leach AND The Patients Guide to WLS:Everything you need to know about Gastric Bypass & Bariatric Surgery by April Hochstrasser PhD I saw that there and said "What the heck" and got them both. They were offered as a set with a minimal discount. So what could it hurt. Has anyone else read "The Patients Guide to WLS....."? What could it hurt? My pocketbook that's where....LOL. But maybe it has some extra stuff in there to help us all get through the surgery and to help alleviate some fears we all experience. Anyhoo. I told ya I'd be back in a jiff......LOL..... Erin
Oh, Donna
on 6/29/04 3:35 am - North Bay Area, CA
Erin, I think one of my friends has that book, but she recently moved (she's a Coast Guard spouse also). She let me read her copy of Carney's 1st book. I gave her a copy of Before and After for being such a good friend and going first to have the surgery! Let me know if the other book is any good! Donna
hope4life
on 6/30/04 12:48 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Okee Dokey......I was debating about getting the Carnie Wilson book but I don't think I will. Let me know how the Carnie book is if you don't mind. Just wanting your review on it. Erin
marlena
on 7/4/04 3:30 am - Toronto, Canada
I actually have both of Carnie's books. I like them both. She is very down to earth and candid. But I could see how someone that does not appreciate all the cursing and the sex talk or whatever would not like them. I'm glad that there are posts about other books. I'm going to look into them. Thank you
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 875 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1128 views