I know September is still a few weeks away but......

hope4life
on 7/8/04 4:56 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Is anyone nervous? I am feeling a touch bit panicky. I am positive this surgery is right for me. I am going to go through with it and use the Tool for all it is worth. But I am so nervous and worried about complications. I am very positive about WLS. I really am. But I have these days when I just "panic". I am trying to take my own advice and take a deep breath and think of all the good that is going to come out of this. I will be healthier and that is the most important thing. Also, being able to walk without huffing and puffing. Running (what's that) with my kids and being able to catch up with them. Getting off the floor without needing the crane. BUT..... It just isn't cutting it today..... Erin
wesierobb
on 7/8/04 2:37 pm - sullivans island, SC
MEEE TOOOOOO!!!!! I am absolutely terrified of the complications, a wreck about never getting to eat anything "good" again if I do make it past the ............terrified of all the ing..................but so excited about the prospect of not being fat, not having the damned CPAP machine every night, not having high blood pressure, not having high cholesterol, not being insulin resistant, etc. I want to go on the beach with my grandchildren and dig in the sand. I want to go out with my husband and not be embarrased..........I want to shop in a regular store. But I hate yogurt, and milk, and shakes, and exercise, and meat, and , and and.........and I need to get over all of that. What if I go through all this pain and frightening surgery and really cannot do the diet? What will happen? Will I stay fat and it was all for nothing? Will I starve to death? Oh, yeah, Erin...I'm with you all the way. Wesie, old, fat, and scared.....and I have had lots of surgeries and never gave any of them a second thought.....
nitengale
on 7/8/04 6:40 pm - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
I am so thankful you two are here... I got my approval today and instantly... I got nervous. I was excited, all hyped up ready to do this and then boom... reality check... this is serious, this is permanent... I have already started grieving for the foods I love so much... God, I'm gonna miss Wendy's... but I am thinking about the complications and worrying about all of them, worrying about how to manage all of this new information and just plain worrying.... AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! I have decided to keep a daily journal of thoughts... negative and positive. And to keep in the front of my journal why I wanted to do this in the first place. I have told myself all day, "you have been miserable for years... it will be better" I think that will be my mantra now.... From reading the boards... it seems this is very normal. Its seems abynormal to me. Thanks again... Wanda
Oh, Donna
on 7/21/04 4:33 pm - North Bay Area, CA
Let this be your mantra "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!"
hope4life
on 7/8/04 9:46 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
I so totally understand. (((((HUGS)))))) It is so good to know that we are not alone in our feelings. I do know our lives are going to be so much better off. WE are going to be OK. WE are going to laugh at ourselves later wondering why we are stressing so much. WE are going to survive and LIVE long healthy happy lives. WE ARE WOMEN (and men too) HEAR US ROAR Erin
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/04 2:43 am - chicago, IL
I hear you!! The closer September gets the more things run through my mind. I've been really thinking about the "what ifs" after surgery and I've spooked myself a few times. I cant help but really think hard about "what if" I end up back in the hospital with a severe complication, come close to death, or be in severe pain. I just cant stop thinking about it! Im scared!! The anxiety, thoughts, fears, excitement and anticipation started when I got my date, as the days go by, more and more things really validate that Im going thru with this and its getting closer...Even the September message board, there were only 2 people here when I got here, now its filling up - aka getting closer. Some days Im so excited, that I wish I could have the surgery the next day, then there are days that Im terrified and convinced Im going to die. UGH! Talk about added stress! But I degres...I come here and I feel better knowing that Im not alone. Thanks everyone!!
marlena
on 7/10/04 2:41 am - Toronto, Canada
I feel the same way also excited and nervous all at the same time. And I can't stop thinking about the surgery!
Natalie O
on 7/10/04 9:57 am - Osseo, MN
I hear you. Two days ago I heard a comedian making a joke about how Carnie Wilson is gaining her weight back (how mean) so I got worried about going through the whole WLS and then ending up back where I am. I realize I am a different person with different cir****tances and I will make it work but that still was bad to hear. You are doing the right thing by talking about your nervousness, which I am sure we all feel, and focusing on how wonderful you will feel in a relatively short while. Natalie
hope4life
on 7/12/04 1:05 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
WLS is a tool. How we use this tool is entirely up to us. I mean if we eat like we did before well, yeah, we are going to put weight back on. But if we follow our surgeons instructions and the nutritionist too, this WILL work. I am so positive (I really am) that all of us Sepetemberites are going to do so AWESOME!!! I am looking forward to going through the process with you all. I really am. WE are here to support each other. I hope I didn't give anyone a negative impression of this board. I sometimes have some fears and who else to turn but the people who are either feeling it or else someone who can help me work through it. Again, I apologize if I gave anyone a negative impression. I am really a positive person and this surgery is the best thing I can do for myself and I am sure you all feel the same. I really don't want to bring people down. Anyway, my brief period of panic is over and I am all gun ho for this. I just had my last pre-op test. I had an upper endoscopy done on Friday and it went OK. They ended up removing a polyp from my stomach. That has me kinda nervous but polyps need to be there for a while before becoming cancerous so I am not tooo worried. LOL. *smiles* Anyways, did anyone else experience a polyp removal???? My last and final test is the pre-op evaluation and then I meet my surgeon for the last time before surgery on August 16th. I am soooo totally excited. I want to be melting too.......*down girl down* LOL. I apologize again. I truly am sorry. Erin
(deactivated member)
on 7/12/04 6:15 am - chicago, IL
Puh Leez! Dont even think that people think your post was meant to bring people down, dont appologize! I totally know what your feeling because Im feeling it too! You gotta let it out and talk about it, dont hold back. Were here to listen...good or bad because if we havent felt that way yet, we will soon enough.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 875 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1128 views