Helllllooooo September Board

Amy M.
on 7/13/04 1:02 am - Northport, AL
First time poster here, and I am sooooo glad that I get to join this great group of people. I have officially been granted the surgery date of September 2, 2004.....T-Minus 51 days and counting!! To let you know a little about me...I am 30 years old, will have my last Big-Girl Birthday on August 29th. From then on out, they will be skinny girl birthday's, lol. Now that I am in my 30's...I want to be healthy, active. I want to be able to go to the beach with my hubby and play in the sea with him, to go with him to water parks and not be afraid that the people think I am Shamu in disguise, to be able to go to Six Flags with him and actually be able to fit in the seats of the rides, to be able to walk/skip/run without lower back pain, knee pain, ankle pain, huffing and puffing. I want to be able to go to a doctor when I am sick and not have them tell me, "well, if you would loose weight"...even for a cold. The list goes on and on. I have researched WLS for 2 years, and finally I got over my fears and took the first step. It has been a wonderful whirlwind of a ride ever since. Ok, enough about me. Thanks for taking the time to read this crazy post. Hi to everyone out there. I wish all of us September Folk an UNeventful surgery and a RAPID recovery. and Amy
Mdille
on 7/13/04 7:54 am - New Lenox, IL
My date is Septmber 20. and time seems to havre stopped since I received my date. Would you mind winding the watch and get it going again..LOL. Marcia
reedman
on 7/13/04 10:28 am - The land of sand and fog, CA
Hi there Amy.. First time for me here too. I originally was scheduled for June 22nd, but I had an accident and tore my quadricep. I had surgery 7 weeks ago today. Finally have my cast off and starting physical therapy. My new date is Sept 13th...just 9 weeks away!!! Just wanted to give a shout out from Cali to all the September folks. Hiram
Son-Son
on 7/15/04 5:40 am - San Diego, CA
Hello Hiram, I am from California also and my date is Sept 9th. I also got pushed back from August to Sept. Sorry to hear about your injury. I pray that Phiysical therapy goes well and that your surgery in an uneventful and smoooooth journey. Take care of your self. Sonja (San Diego, CA)
reedman
on 7/15/04 6:09 am - The land of sand and fog, CA
Thanks Sonja, I always say SD is the most beautiful place in CA. I think I live in the second - Monterey area. Thanks for the well wishes H.
hope4life
on 7/13/04 10:36 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Hi Amy! Hi Marcia! Hi Hiram! Glad to get to know you all!! We all know how you feel and I too am having surgery on September 2nd. I think that makes 4 that I know of....LOL.....It is really nice to meet you and you know what? I just had my 36th birthday this past June and I think "Wow, this time next year I will be thin and healthy." It is such a motivator. 7 weeks to go and I am getting nervous too. (I have a tendency to have minor panic attacks) But I think about all the good things I'll be able to do again and it just makes me feel all happy inside. Food has always been an issue with me. When I'm bored I eat. When I'm happy I eat, when I am sad I eat. I have major work to do to change my habits and it will not be easy but I CAN DO IT!! I am actually looking forward to being able to exercise and to be able to enjoy life and be happy once more. I can say that the only time I lose my appetite is when I am angry. Needless to say I am not angry often. LOL. I am so happy that you are here with us Septemberites and looking forward to sharing experiences with you all here. (I also have a babble tendency...do you think once I start melting....the babbles will melt with the weight? LOL) WELCOME!! Erin
hope4life
on 7/13/04 10:57 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Hiram, I am so sorry to hear about your injury. I hope physical therapy goes smoothly and you heal quickly before September 13th gets here. My son starts Kindergarten on the 13th. Erin
Laura H.
on 7/18/04 12:09 am - Belford, NJ
Hi Amy and Hiram WElcome to the both of you !!! September will be here before we all know it !!! Then we will all be big LOOSERS !!!! CONGRATS AGAIN !!!! Laura
Jae117
on 7/27/04 7:28 am - Milwaukee, WI
Hey Amy Welcome to the group. I'm 43 days away and counting from my surgery (Sept 7). I'm getting really nervous now , but I've come this far and I'm not turning back. Good luck on your journey, I'll keep you in my prayers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 875 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1128 views