YOU KNOW YOU ARE AN WLS (WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY) PATIENT WHEN:

marlena
on 8/14/04 7:17 am - Toronto, Canada
(I had saved this from another forum on here, thought it was cute incase some of you hadn't seen it). YOU KNOW YOU ARE AN WLS (WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY) PATIENT WHEN: The words I have a date" dont mean your going out. You have baby food in the house and no baby. "I'm a loser" is a good thing. A wooden spoon isn't just for cooking. "Welcome to the other side" doesn't include death. New clothes fall off in a week. You get excited about hand me downs. The scale at Wal-Mart no longer says "one at a time please". "Jus****er for me please". Hitting the "Century Mark" is actually a good thing. You can be touched by an angel and still not be considered crazy. When you get excited that your incision was "only 6 inches". When you really don't have a thing to wear. You have to prove you are the person on the drivers license. You start being in the pictures not behind the camera. You are never parted from a bottle of water When you order a doggy bag at the same time as your meal. When the only way your nipples are where they belong is to roll them up, position them with your bra and secure with a ponytail holder. When you go pick up your child at school and all the other kids say WOW you're mom is hot. When you go to the mall and take the first available space instead of circling 20 minutes for one closer to the door. You truly are a "cheap date". When you run to the door and don't hear a flapping sound. You flip your shirt to show complete strangers your scar. Vitamins feel like a meal. You go from a 56DDDD to 32AAA in a year and didn't have a breast reduction. You've just lost 100 lbs and run into a high school friend who asks "did you change your hair?" You can cross your legs... both of them Instead of a Wonder Bra you need a Wonder Where They Went Bra When your obsession for food turns to obsession of your scale They no longer call 911 for the Jaws of life to extricate you from a turnstile. When your stairmaster is no longer used for drying your fine washables People say "You don't eat enough" The kids wonder what happened to the cake and cookie god..did he die???
TracyInTx
on 8/14/04 12:06 pm - Saginaw, TX
Thank you so much for this!!! I needed a good laugh tonight and this was it. God bless you. Tracy
marlena
on 8/15/04 12:37 am - Toronto, Canada
Oh you are so welcome, I totally know how you feel ha ha
kenziesmommy
on 8/14/04 2:08 pm - Riverside, RI
How funny. I especially love the wrapping the nipple with a pony tail holder that was holarious. Thanks for sharing.... Shannon
marlena
on 8/15/04 12:38 am - Toronto, Canada
You are welcome that's one of my favourite parts too ha ha
catnhat1973
on 8/15/04 11:56 am - San Antonio, TX
That is hilarious!!! I wasn't feeling too good tonight, but after reading that...you can't help but to smile. Thanks sooo much!
Laura H.
on 8/16/04 7:09 am - Belford, NJ
TOO FUNNY !!!!! Thanks Laura
nitengale
on 8/17/04 7:21 pm - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
OMG OMG the wooden spoon!! I just had to explain that to a co-worker and he is fanning himself with his papers. Too funny. I am printing that one out and its going on my fridge!!!!
Karie M.
on 8/18/04 2:51 am - Thousand Oaks, CA
I am a little embarrassed (and pre-op) and don't know what the wooden spoon means? Can someone clue me into the joke? This is the first post I have ever done. I just for a date 9/21/04 and have been trying to read up. This was really funny and I'm going to print it out to share with my friend and family before I go into the operating room.
Cynthia V.
on 8/18/04 12:20 pm - Florida, NY
Hi Cherilyn, Don't be embarrassed. (pre-op too) I don't know what the wooden spoon thing means either. Congrats on your new birthday! My new birthday is 09/03. Good luck and my prayers are with you. Here's to soon being a loser! Cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 879 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 816 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 875 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1131 views