Just checking in

Gramsto3
on 11/9/05 3:19 am - Grand Rapids, MI
I can't believe I have been away from the board so long - I recommitted myself this morning to staying on track, journaling what I eat on FitDay, drinking my water and back to exercising. I have been having some back problems so I convinced myself that I deserved not following protocol - wrong thing to do. I like a lot of you don't want to regain this weight. I went through all of this because I wanted a better life and it's up to me to make sure I get it. I went through the sclerotherapy procedure last week. Boy was that an event. I went there thinking no big thing I had had four scopes already but I didn't realize how much more pain I would feel for about 3 days afterward. The first two days after the numbing medication died down everytime I ate I felt like I was having a heart attack. What finally dawned on me was that I had gone so long being able to eat anything and not having to chew things up really good that I had to go back to the basics and remember to chew, chew, chew. Also they must have had to pump air in as well as the whole chest area just hurt. Now almost a week down I feel 100 percent better and can tell that it is making a difference. I have been having a ball with my Red Hat ladies group - something I would never have dared to do when I was heavier. So far I have lost a total of around 120 lbs. Looking forward to picking up two new Shih Tzus (dogs to those who aren't familar) the week of Thanksgiving as we had to put the last of ours down a few weeks back. House is really quiet now and I miss the activity so I'm getting really excited about our new additions. Jo Jo is about a year and a half and just had a C-section so breeder is letting her go. I then of course had to pick her up a friend so I'm also getting a 5 month old female as well. Remind me how much I wanted them in a couple of months when I'm taking them out during one of our Michigan blizzards. Hope everyone is doing good. I think of you often and promise to be a more prominent member to the board. Take care.
kenziesmommy
on 11/9/05 12:10 pm - Riverside, RI
Geeze that sounded pretty painful. Glad your pretty much back to normal. Congrats on the recommiting yourself. It is always great to make a new start. Those doggies sound adorable. Can't wait to hear how you walk them, pick up poop and do it all under 2 feet of snow. LOL Hope to hear more from you soon. Have fun with your new Hat friends and I look forward to seeing pics of your new babies. Shannon
Dea J.
on 11/10/05 1:33 am - Huntsville, AL
E, Welcome Back! Looking foward to seeing pix of your babies. Sorry to hear you've been feeling so bad - hope you continue to recover quickly and fully. I think the Red Hat Ladies are awesome! - hugs - dea
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 875 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1128 views