My VITAMINS--My AGE

TberryRose
on 12/4/05 2:25 am
Hi Everyone Hope you are all doing well and getting ready for the big holidays! Ever since I had my WLS my Dr. prescribed pre-natal vitamins for me because I felt this would be good for me since these vitamins have everything in them. I have been taking one pill twice a day. Ok, now here is my dilemma--I needed to have a refill called in so Dr. Adaniels office called the prescription in for me. I called the pharmacy yesterday to see if the phone call had been made and if my iron and vitamins were ready for pick up. I was informed by the pharmacy that my insurance is no longer going to cover the cost of the pre-natal vitamins. When I asked why they told me that it was denied because of my AGE! Can you believe that because I turned 50 in October the insurance company decided that I am past the age of getting pregnant therefore no vitamin coverage for me! This is the first time I have ever been made to feel OLD. It is kinda funny but it will now cost me $84.00 for a three month supply. I am going to have Dr. Adaniel's office call Empire to explain to them why I am in fact on the pre-natal vitamins. In the meantime, I ran out of my vitamins and need to know what kind of over the counter you are taking. Today I took a Women's One A Day and plan on taking another tonight since this is all I have for the time being. Are these vitamins ok to take? Have any of your Dr's recommeded these to any of you? Please get back to me ASAP since I need to get something that is acceptable by the Dr.s until I get my prescription straightened out. Thanks a bunch! Your "OVER THE HILL" friend (yeah right!) :D Marianne PS: Please
swimmom20878
on 12/4/05 2:34 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Hi Marianne - I will be 50 in February! I take Centrum Silver which is for women 50 and over. I take 3 tablets a day. I get the mega-bottle at Sam's or Costco. Additionally I take 6 calcium citrate tablets a day, sub-lingual B-12 every other day, a Vitron/C tablet once day, a super B complex once a day, an acid reducer at night and 3-4 biotin pills a day. Hope this helps! Love, Sandy
KGSlaugh
on 12/4/05 8:52 am
my doc has me on a women's one-a-day with iron. all of the elements in a vitamin have a recommended daily allowance (RDA). it's important not to exceed them. http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/dga/rda.pdf Good Luck!! -KT
TberryRose
on 12/4/05 8:56 am
Hi Katie How many one a day's do you take/day? Thanks Marianne
KGSlaugh
on 12/4/05 9:21 am
Just one in the morning. On fitday.com you can add your multi as a food. Then when you add it you can see how much of what vitamin you need or if you are getting too much of one. I also do b12 once a month. i am supposed to do Calcium 500mg twice daily too. -KT
Gramsto3
on 12/7/05 11:58 pm - Grand Rapids, MI
I'm over 50 and my doc has me on Optisource Prenatal vitamins. I take two a day and I just ordered them again from Walgreen's online They run about $25 but are chewable and give me all I need.
Jan Ocala
on 12/8/05 4:39 am - Ocala, FL
I get my vitamins from VitaLady.com where they also had bariatric surgery and they carry things that are good for us. I'm very satisfied with their products, have had perfect labs, haven't lost any hair and feel wonderful. So sorry you're old now!!! Jan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 875 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1129 views