Weight gain???

Amanda P.
on 4/4/08 11:40 am - Salyersville, KY
I havent lost any weight since I was 10 mths out and now Im 18 mths post op and have gained 10 -15 lbs. I eat all the time, the wrong things. Its just like before surgery. Is anyone else going through this? Does this mean I have failed or the surgery failed? What can I do? Please help.
PlumpKitty
on 4/8/08 3:40 am - Fredericton, Canada
You really need to see your surgeon and a dietician. You have to nip this in the bud now and professional help is the best way to go. Failure implies its all over. There is no over here, just a continuous journey. Even when you get to your goal weight it isnt over. You have failed when you give up. I am not having any troubles with weight loss or maintenance. I dont exercise, I was a heavy weight and I had many weight loss resistant issues pre op. If *I* can do it, anyone can. The key is getting the right knowledge, support and medical care. Then all you have to do is want to be healthy. My meals look very "normal" now a days. In size and appearance. Keep in mind normal is a lot smaller than we used to eat and normal is also not junk food. I dont eat junk food. It isnt healthy for anyone even in small doses. I dont eat fast food ever, and wont ever again unless its a matter of absolute need. I surround myself with healthy foods and keep old temptations at a distance though they are still around since my hubby has rights too ;) I follow the basic rules of NO drinking with meals, protein FIRST and I always log my eats even when the numbers are less savoury than what they came from ;) If there is anything I can do to help you PM me anytime Good luck and DONT give up!! You can get control back!! HUGS PK
Renee K.
on 4/16/08 2:17 am - Valatie, NY
I am not having this issue, however I have picked up smoking (a little bit of transfer of addiction do ya think??). My personal opinon on this is that those of us who got to be this obese have an addiction, if the addiction is not dealt with EVERYDAY we will get back to where we were(no matter what we change in our digestive system). I feel very good about what I eat and how I eat now. Although I'm one of the lucky ones in that fats, sugars make me sick so I don't want to eat the junk food. I would suggest a therapist more than a medical doctor. I think you need to figure out what your triggers are and find a replacement activity. I need to do the same thing for smoking, for me it's stress that triggers the need to do something, it used to be smoking and eating. Now it's just smoking. good luck! Renee
JessicaMarie
on 4/28/08 9:01 am - Milwaukee, WI
I am one that can say I am having the same issues... I am about 20 months out and although I got down to 192 at thanksgiving, my lowest. This would have given me a total loss of 120lbs, success by all means, but I still have about 40 more to go and I keep bouncing up and down... I got down to the 192 for about a week and whether is was water weight or the scale lying to me, I havent seen anything below 200 since November... I know I cannot physically gain all that weight in a few weeks but I just want to see that 192 again! I have kinda crappy habits and have lacked on exercise as a result of school. I do at least recognize what needs to be done, its just a matter of kicking myself in the ass. I don't want to think it's impossible to go balls to the wall and get the last 40 off.. its so depressing!
kelly H.
on 4/28/08 12:41 pm - Beaverton, MI
I know exactly what you are going through. I have gained about 10 also. Today was the last day of the wrong kind of eating. I started logging into Fitday again, walked 3 miles tonight, and went grocery shopping for the "right" foods. I get bored so I eat. I also go to school and work midnights so I eat to stay awake and while I am studying. I know these are excuses, but I have finally recognized the problem. Get out your manual and start fresh. Pull out old pictures and hang them on the frig. Anytime you want to vent email me. I have yahoo and msn messenger so we can chat if you would like. Get back on board...you can do it. We can do it together!!! Kelly
adelpha23marke
on 1/11/09 9:24 am - Prestonsburg, KY
No you just need to get back on track. Usually when i go back to the old ways. I will stop myself and start again the next day i get my old books out that my surgeon and dietician gave me and i start my diet again and i have started walking as much as possible. I sometimes forget that i need to put me me me me first and take care of me...I forget that alot taking care of a family...

Jenn J

Most Active
Recent Topics
It's been 9 years yall!
jenn_in_ky · 1 replies · 586 views
food
Jessica H. · 2 replies · 758 views
Having a hard time
rspeters · 6 replies · 1099 views
Cold Hands and Feet
Ted R. · 2 replies · 1153 views
testing