A Newcomer with a couple questions

Sally C.
on 8/7/04 12:07 pm - colesville, MD
HI everyone I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Sally. I am on my way to the adventure of WLS in October, on the 7th. (It's one week after my 16th wedding anniversary). Anyway, I am concerned about the length of recovery for the open RNY. I usually bounce back pretty good from things such as this, but I only have 160 hours of leave, (4 weeks). Can anyone tell me how they did? I have an office job and my boss is very supportive of the whole thing. But I work for a small property mgmt. company and they do not have a big staff to draw from when people are away. There is already two ladies out on new baby leave. Any contributions and experiences on recovery would be greatly appreciated. I'm so like WOW!!! having people to talk to about this. I have worn out my husband's ear and find my thoughts are obessive regarding WLS, O.H.com and so on. I'll sign off now and let ya' all talk. Thanks!!! every single one of you. Love Ya Baby!
Keepers_kitty
on 8/8/04 1:26 am - Buckeye, AZ
Hi Sally, I belong to several support groups for wls and from my understanding the length of recovery for open RNY is 4-6 weeks depending on the person. As for the Lap RNY is have heard that most surgeons say the same 4/6 weeks yet many people I have talked to said they were fine in 2 weeks. I wish I had more info for you. Just keep asking. Perhaps you should call your surgeons office and ask them how long they recommend. ~Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 580 views