October 13 -- And need to lose weight before

freespirit
on 9/7/04 11:10 pm - Hawkinsville, GA
OK gang...here we go again. I have a surgery date but my surgeon wants me to lose some weight before. I mean if I could lose weight on my own, I wouldn't have my guts re-routed! Any tips on quick weight loss? Robin in Georgia
pat9047
on 9/8/04 12:21 am - CO
I found that leaving 1/4 of you current food on the plate starts to work and no matter what, only one helping.. The hardest thing is throwing away good food. I kept thinking about all those starving children my Mom used to tell us about. Clean out you pantry NOW!!!! Throw stuff away or donate it. If you don't walk, start walking.
Tiffany L.
on 9/11/04 3:23 pm - Hampton, VA
My date is also Oct. 13th. I have been dieting and have lost 14 pounds since mid august. not a lot, but that's why I am having this surgery! I have completely cut out ALL red meat, all greasy, salty, fatty foods. No sugar. Splenda sweetener only. AND 8 cups of water a day or more. No exceptions. NO SODAS OR CAFFEINE. I fix smaller portions and eat it VERY slow. I find it makes me full faster when I eat a few bites and then wait. I count how many times I chew each bite because that tends to make you slow down eating. I also eat a bite and completely set my fork down until I am done chewing and THEN pick it up and fix my next bite - Normally everyone keeps their fork in their hand the entire time. I have also been taking one GULP of water after each bite of food. I am eating like 20% of the amount of food I used to eat and I'm ful!!!! I eat a lot of greens with grilled or baked chicken and pork chops. This has really worked for me so maybe it will work for you?? GOOD LUCK!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 580 views