I'm not having good luck!

Tina K.
on 12/6/04 1:06 pm - CONRATH, WI
It's been 6 weeks, and -45 pounds but since the original RNY I have had surgery for an intestinal hernia and now my incision from that surgery is infected. I've about had it!!! Any love out there for a infected lady?? The worst part is that they pushed it open a little to drain, and gave me some antibiotics and sent me home... telling me if it gets worse to come back. Hell if I know what worse is, it looks bad enough to me!! Is there a bright side?
lisalove
on 12/7/04 5:57 am - Uvalda, GA
Tina, I hope your day gets better. I am sorry you had such a hard time. I am one day ahead of you. I haven't had any problems so I can not be much help other than keeping you in my prayers.There was a lady in my support group that had quiet a bit of problems when she had her surgery and she is doing fine now.Good luck and Happy holidays. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Lisa 382/337
Tina K.
on 12/7/04 2:16 pm - CONRATH, WI
Thank you for the kind words. And Happy Holidays to you also. I am doing better, and getting stronger mentally thanks to the nice support from you and others. Thanks again.
Sheryl in So Cali
on 12/7/04 11:42 am - San Clemente, CA
Tina I am sending you {{{{HUGS}}}} cuz I don't know what to tell ya about your infection. Did they tell you to rinse it out or put compresses on it to help it drain? I am afraid I don't have any answers...but I got {{{{HUGS}}}} Feel better soon!!!!!!! Sheryl
Tina K.
on 12/7/04 2:20 pm - CONRATH, WI
My Gosh you hug hard. I felt it all the way from CA to WI!!! Thanks so much for the kind words, I really appreciate it. I am putting compresses on the incision and it's draining well. I feel better thanks to all of you. The power of kindness is great!!!!! Happy Holidays.
JoannM
on 12/7/04 3:39 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi Tina - Hang in there.. It will get better! I will be praying for you. I know it's hard at this time, but try and think of youself down the road.. next year at Christmas time - shopping for a special dress to wear.. NOT in the plus size dept! And to make you feel better - I am 7 weeks post op and have only lost 23 lbs! You are beating the tar out of me in that dept. You are doing great. I envy your weight loss. Feel better! Hugs Joann
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 580 views