I need your help!!!

Karla G.
on 5/14/05 12:33 am - Somewhere
I am extremely scared that I have screwed up my pouch. Yesterday I ate two hard shell tacos from Taco Bell. I'm wondering if you guys can do that? My doctor said that I shouldn't eat more than 4 tbsp. of food at a meal. I also ate half of a chef salad and cup of chicken noodle soup at lunch time - and that was at a restaurant and you know how big everything in a restaurant is. I am scared to death that I've ruined everything. Having a panic attack and need some input. Karla
luvalwaystrusts
on 5/14/05 8:27 am - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Around 6 month post op the pouch relaxes and can handle more. I know that is scary for some ppl because all of a sudden they can eat a lot more. Theres no way I could eat 2 tacos, maybe the filling without the shell, but not 2 tacos. Thats me though, and everyone progresses differently. I think if you did something wrong, you would be able to eat way more than that. Was that all you ate that day? If that was everything for the day, its not that much. I find the slower I eat, the more I eat. If I nibble all day I eat way more than if I eat planned meals. In the end, if you are still worried, have your surgeon do an upper GI to rule out a staple line disruption. GOod luck to you!
My3 S.
on 5/15/05 5:43 am - Miami, FL
Hello Karla, there are days I can eat a whole Mexican pizza. Or an entire Gordita. The last time I ate a mexican pizza I ate 3/4 of it. It just depends on the day. I definetly try to limit my taco bell outings to once every 2 weeks or even longer because I know the food is not great. I have actually sworn off the mexican pizza's because when I looked up the calories it was too much. The gorditas are the healthiest on their menu. I personally think you are okay. I was told that the goal is to actually eat a normal portion of food and I really don't think 2 taco's is more than a normal portion. I am sure before surgerey I would of had at least 5. I too though must admit that at times I obsess over how much I can eat now. 4 tbls. of food that sure sounds like very little. My Nut. and surgeon have told me to eat at each meal until I feel that lil' sensation of fullness. But there are definetly days I can barely eat so I know my pouch is still doing it's thing!!! Good luck and maybe it will make you feel better if you like get the 2 tacos and weigh them. Just a suggestions. Good Luck.
longandloud
on 5/17/05 12:35 pm - Paragould, AR
I thought I would reply to this it has been a while since I have visited the sight. Different Doctors give different advice, and bits of information. When I confronted my Dr about eating what he told me is that as you chew food it condenses, so that means that if we chew it well what may seem like a lot may only be a few tablespoons. Lettuce is mostly water so it condenses very well I am able to eat a Grill Chicken Salad from McDonalds Salads, I am also able to eat two Taco's or Taco Supremes from Taco Bell. But there are some things that I still have problems eating so it all depends on what I eat that determines the portion. The main thing for me is trying to get the protein that I need in, So I try to chose foods that are high. Even though I can eat Two tacos, there are some days that I can't eat three meals. So I have supplimented my diet with a Protein Drink to help me. I do notice though that I am somewhat afraid that I am going to overeat and stop losing the weight. It is normal I am at a slow point and on a plateau. Listen to your body. I know the feeling that "I've overdone it," ., and it can cause quite a bit of anxiety. If your Dr Says that you are doing fine then that is good. I don't know about anyone else but there are times that I have a fear that the weight loss will stop, and that I will not lose it. A lot of times I am afraid that I am eating more than I should. I know that for me this is because I am afraid of returning back to the size I was before surgery, I know that this won't happen I do watch what I eat, but it is still there and for me I think that is all the experiences that I have had losing weight and then gaining it back.. Hang in there you will make it just fine.
transformer34
on 5/22/05 1:29 pm - Kissimmee, FL
I am right there with you all.
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile