Back on track

talkingkatz
on 5/27/05 6:09 am - Maple Valley, WA
This is my experience, not necessarily the experience of all others with the surgery & I hade some anxiety and stress issues that were returned into my life also. (Like - who doesn't??) And, my anti-depressants needed to be adjusted (wondering if increased doseage of Celexa caused this for my body - now decreased). I just wanted to post that since I had a return of my appetite (found it scary) and foods started to taste good - (I went a 'bit' off the trail & discovered the true meaning of dumping), ===> there is good news. THE GOOD NEWS IS: the pendulum swung the other direction and am finding balance again with a stabilized appetite. I post this because MAYBE there were others who had this experience and I wanted to share some hope that it got better. THANK GOD for this tool. It is my job to work WITH the tool. 370.1/263.5/? -106.5
My3 S.
on 5/30/05 4:54 am - Miami, FL
Thanks for sharing!!!
Peggy F.
on 5/30/05 2:31 pm - Richmond, TX
I was a vegetarian for 13 years before surgery. I started eating meat 2 months post op, for the protein. I find myself eating way too much and am suprised at how much I can eat. I am always a bit jealous of those that say they can hardly eat anything and that the weight is just melting off. I am finding it a bit of a struggle to lose weight, even after the surgery. I wish I could eat less.
talkingkatz
on 5/31/05 10:53 am - Maple Valley, WA
Just wondering if you had lap band - only because your profile mentioned an overnight stay and I'm wondering if you may need a fill? I find I can eat more than I should, too & I had RNY.
Peggy F.
on 6/1/05 10:15 pm - Richmond, TX
Kiki, I also had RNY. Sometimes when I eat, I become full rather quickly. At other times, I feel like I could just keep on eating and make myself stop. I admit that making myself stop is a lot easier than it used to be. I also find myself hungry often. I am told it is because I don't eat so much at meals, but wasn't that the whole point? I am not disappointed in my success so far, and I certainly do not regret having the surgery....but, I am tired of being hungry.
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 580 views