Weight Loss and over 50 HELP

kit K.
on 6/4/05 1:18 am
Is anyone over 50 years old and having a hard time loosing?Well I am and I could use some tips.My goal is to loose 140#s and have lost only 90#s so far. K
Sheryl in So Cali
on 6/5/05 11:13 am - San Clemente, CA
K You might try the Over 50 Forum http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/amosforums/over_50/ Sheryl
kisaacso
on 6/7/05 2:07 am - Stockbridge, GA
Hi! Pat! I am now 8 mts out and here is where I stand as of today: wt before surgery: 310 wt date of surgery: 276 wt as of today: 175 Total wt loss: 135lbs (this include the 24lbs I lost before surgery). From a size 26/28 to a 14/16. I am 51 years old and as of me I don't have a goal; I am glad of the weight loss so far and would not care if I didnt' loose anymore; but, I know I will. Remember it takes about 2 years before your body levels off after the surgery to maintain your body weight. Make sure you still drink lots of water, get your protein & vitamins in and continue your exercise regiment you have set up. Also, remember when you exercise you gain muscle; muscle weighs; but you loose inches, so make sure you take that into account. I have a muscle disorder so I can't exercise too much, I will probably have to have the surgery to remove the skin around my stomach but so far not too much a problem. Just enjoy what you have achieved, if you put too much emphasizes on how much more you gotta loose, you'll only bring on stress if your body makes muscle and you weight your self and you think you have not loss any weight. You will know if you are still loosing, your clothes will tell you. About every 3 mts I have to start buying new clothes, I start looking like the home boys if I don't. Be proud of what you have achieved; this surgery is a journey. Hang in there, we're proud of your accomplishments and keep up the great work. Take care and God bless you and yours.
BlkNectar
on 6/15/05 2:55 pm - Middletown, CT
RNY on 10/05/04 with
Yes, I am.. I am active and I am not losing like other people, although I am losing and look great and feel wonderful. I sent a post as I am getting discouraged. I am getting a professional trainer and see if that helps, but after 50 and even before I know that the body slows down.. and I am taking that into consideration. Let's see what happens with the trainer and see if things speed up. It is fustrating, but I am determined. Good Luck, you are not alone!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 580 views