How many calories?

Linda S.
on 6/5/05 5:35 am - GOose Creek, SC
Hi everyone. I have been reading alot of posts about loosing too much weight and I am not to that point yet, but did have some questions about what is a normal amount of weightloss per month for someone who is 8 months out? I feel like I have hit a low point and have kind of lost what and how much I have been eating. I have lost only 82 lbs. I have 103 lbs to loose total. I don't have any idea if how many calories i should be eating and how much protein I should be getting or anything else. If you can help me by letting me know what is working for you all, or if there is a website I can go to to enter my weight and height to get an amount for cal and protein and such that would be really helpful. I do feel really good, but as of yet I have NOT hit a plateau and am worried about when that might happen. I am VERY thankful to be at 153 lbs vs the 240 that I started at. Anyway I will close for now. Please message me back anytime. I really need to get back on track. Huggs.. Linda Stouder 240/153/ (135 is goal)
Sheryl in So Cali
on 6/6/05 12:50 pm - San Clemente, CA
Linda My surgeon said I should be getting 1000 - 1200 calories a day. There is no way I can eat that much. OH has a weight loss planner. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/postopplanner.phtml If you enter your starting weight, height, and play with the percentages, you can get your goal weight and then below it there is a weight loss graph. Hope this helps Sheryl
Robin J.
on 6/7/05 11:40 am - St. Louis, mo
Hi, I had the DS, so my experience is a little different than some. I don't really count calories. I just focus mostly on protein and water intake and after I get those in, I eat whatever I feel like eating. I kind of kept track one day and I got in about 1500-1800 calories with 80grams being protein. I probably do that same amount most days. Luckily for me, my weight loss has been pretty steady and consistant. I have lost 110 pounds with 9 pounds to go to reach my goal of 130 pounds. This last 10 pounds or so has been going off VERY slowly compaired to the other weight. I am FINE with that though. I expect to reach my goal sometime this summer. I will add extra foods to my diet if I need to to stop the weight loss if it doesn't stop on its own. Robin G DS with Dr Marchesini in Brazil. 10/26/04 249/139/130ish
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 580 views