Lap Band - 10/12/04 - so slow - help?

Anita P.
on 6/8/05 8:07 am - San Juan Capistrano, CA
Hi All, I had Lap Band surgery late last year and have only lost 35 pounds. I have had 5-6 fills. The last one was 2 weeks ago and I lost 7 pounds that following week. Since then (as of today) have remained the same. I was hoping to get some help here. I did not get another fill while in the office today because I cannot imagine eating LESS than I am already. Any advice? My email is [email protected]. Thanks so much for any ehlp. anita
KikiK
on 6/18/05 8:48 am - Boston, MA
Hey Anita, You should post under the lapband forum-- I am sure they will be of great help. I don't think you should worry about the rate of loss. Make sure you are not taking in a lot of empty calories like wine, fruit juice..etc. Have you been keeping track of your calories on fitday.com? I know I itch for ice cream and chocolate a lot and they tend to drift towards them since they are soft and go down sooo easily. Also be careful you are not over doing soft foods. I went out the other night adn I wanted to eat "normally" and I got clam chowder-- which is sooo bad for me and sooo fatty. I thought about it afterwards and was like--shoot-I should have had something hard like chicken and it would have been healthier. Plus because it is a thick food, I would have only been able to eat a portion size. Well,,I hope this helps. I will get the link to the lap band forum for you. Kiki
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 580 views