Hello....where is everyone...lets give this board something to talka bout

deborahdgale
on 6/20/05 10:14 pm - glace bay, Canada
Hi there how is everyone ...where is everyone....what is everyone up to...what changes have you gone through....what has your journey been like thus far....whats your best wow moment...Are you considering plastic yet? Hi there ill start... Im doing great....getting more enengy getting over my fear of the beach. Ive been taking it easy between jobs right now on employment insurance and liking it. Ive bought a new house been doing renovations bought the kids and me a trampoline to have fun on. Trying to get a fense up to put in the pool again. So far i have had a great journey no complications its been amazingly easy for the most part. Still have mini struggles with the carbs...but nothing like before. I even went bike riding and didnt feel like my butt swallowed the seat Im playing with the kids more. Even did a flip on the trampoline it was scary though funny how age makes ya a scardy cat. Im thinking on going to the beach today. I went to a tanning salon to get a tan...first time in my life i bothered with such a thing. OH and i got those acrylik nails...they look real nice:P~ Lets see changes im definatly getting more self confident hubby says im getting a big head...perhaps i think its more that i appreciate wehre i am now that ever before. Im less tolerant of bullcrap I think its that i have more self worth. Obviously other changes are my clothing size its decreased alot Im trying to work on my muscles ive turned into a whimp a bit there....can not lift and drag what i used to. WOW moment... hmmm there has been a few but i thik the best one is that im able to look people in the eye and genuinly SMILE. That and the thought that a tankinni may just be possible. Plastics...funny when i was just newly post op i thought NO WAY am i going through another surgery. Well that laster all of four months perhaps. Im now looking into a abdominalplasty or panictomy whichever i can get covered. Im now at the point in my journey that im trying to maintain or at least even thinking of it. Thats not to say if i loose 10 lbs more id be mad. But at this point im thiking its time. This in itself signifies that I DID IT I MADE IT and wow i can still harly believe it has happened. Well thats it for me for a lifes update soo far so comon cotober babies tell us how and what your doing and what your plans are
kisaacso
on 6/21/05 2:52 am - Stockbridge, GA
Hi! Gale! So glad to see and talk with you again. Yes, this journey in life is wonderful and a blessing. You should be proud of yourself; this is not an easy journey to go though. Everyone has their ups and downs every now & then. Life is too short not to enjoy it so go out there & have fun! Your kids will go up too fast, your life will fly by; so why not take a step back & smell the roses. Take care my friend! God Bless with lots of prayers & wishes to come true for your and yours. ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
DivaofDestiny
on 6/22/05 1:47 am - Northern , VA
Sorry to reply so late. I enjoy reading what other October 04's are experiencing so I think it's only right that I participate in keeping this board alive. There are many changes in my life since surgery. Most notably, my self-esteem has sky rocketed and my confidence is opening unimaginable doors for me. Secondly, my health has improved. I no longer have high blood pressure or joint pain. I can walk without getting winded and I can turn cartwheels like a 6 year old again. Thirdly, I look good from the inside out. There are so many blesses I've received over these past 8 months that I cannot name them all. I have my life back again but only better.
CHRISTINE P.
on 6/22/05 2:34 am - LAS VEGAS, NV
Well I have only lost 80 pounds and am still 58 away from my gosl but I feel great. I have had no complications and nothing makes me sick or anything. I have gone from a toght 26 to 18/20. My only complaint is that I wi**** were moving as fast as the others that had surgery the same month as I did! I start to worry sometimes that I will never make it to my goal, the weight loss has slowed down alot. My self confidence is great now too! Husband says I have changed too much and have an attitude but I think I it's just that I feel more self worth and won't take any crap anymore!
DivaofDestiny
on 6/22/05 11:11 pm - Northern , VA
Hi Christine: I was told early on by my nurse not to compare my success by the number of pounds I lost in comparison to others. We are all different. Enjoy this process and be proud of every inch and pound that melts away.Stay encouraged!
Kolbrun V.
on 6/23/05 12:51 am - Kopavogur
Hi Deborah At just over 8 months out I have lost 129 lbs. I never thought it would be possible. I came home yesterday after a 3 week vacation in Spain and I actually wore a bikini on the beach Last year I also went to Spain for a vacation and I wouldn't even wear shorts! I am really happy with the results of this surgery. The only thing that I can complain about is that I get sick at least once a month. It's all sorts of flu that I seem to be contracting. I am taking all my vitamins and my bloodwork shows that my vitamin levels are even stronger than they were before I had the surgery. I have been wondering if this is just my body getting used to this big change At least I hope it is... Good luck to you on your journey Kolla 304/175/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 580 views