Need Help Getting back on track

Pamela Pilch
on 11/29/05 10:41 am - Mundelein, IL
prior to going to my first meeting with my surgeon my weight was 395lbs. at the first meeting with my surgeon my weight was 385. the date of my surgery i was at 356. In may i hit 285 - 110 lbs lost. after that point i have not lost any additional weight and have gained weight and am not at 304. i started this week back at the health club and making better food choices. I had lab band surgery and have had several problems after adjustments and not be able to keep any food down. I have stopped getting adjustments and was eating foods that i should be avoiding - ice cream, cookies, chips & dip. this week i am back on track for the last 2 days it got so much harder once you were not limited to soup and blended food. i just need some support to get back with it
Brokenwing
Fallingwater

on 11/30/05 11:23 am - Dexter, ME
Yes, it can be very hard to stay on track. Just ask yourself, do these foods tast as good as slim would feel? I'm glad you got back on track the last couple days. Definately a good start. Take it one day at a time and remember you are in control of what you eat, although at times I felt that food controled me. Now I don't like being controled. I actually talked out loud to foods I was tempted by and told them off. I said this is it guys, Your not controling me any longer, find yourself a new best friend cause I'm done with you. Then I found better friends, exercise and hand crafts. Keeping busy has really helped me. I had open RNY Oct 8,2004 ( chocolate still gets to me sometimes) Best of luck to you. If you need to talk to a fellow former junk food junkie just send me an email. Brokenwing
TweedleDum
on 12/7/05 10:22 pm - Hattiesburg, MS
Its always your choice what you put in your mouth as it is mine too. Just because you were able to eat normally doesnt mean you had to. I dont know too much about the lap band but isnt it kinda needed to get the fills every so often? I hope you can get thru this. Once we start getting depressed it just gets worse cause we all tend to turn to food for comfort. Get back on track - I believe in you. You can do this!
BlkNectar
on 12/12/05 3:53 pm - Middletown, CT
RNY on 10/05/04 with
Looks like you need a dose of reality here. The things that we put in our mouths before, we have to learn to live without or cut down. I would suggest that you get to a support group real fast and stay on this message board. You appear to be sabotaging your good progress, look at what you lost!!! I wish I could lose just 20 more and I would be happy. Find some fruit that is low in sugar, or some healthy snack and eat in small amounts. It is like learning to walk and talk again, we are reborn and have to learn to eat and control what we take iinto our bodies . Best of luck, and get on this before you go too far and stretch the pouch!!!! BlkNectar
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 580 views