HELP

jenyoung1978
on 11/30/05 6:01 am - Crescent City, CA
Anyone have to deal with a Twisted Bowel or Bowel Obstruction post Sugery? I am in contact with my doctor (who happens to be 8 hours away ) for the past 6 months I have been dealing with random abdominal pain. It starts out on the left side then after about 30-60mins I can't breath in and I'm all hunched over. The pain is so bad I vomit. I have my gullblatter out so I knew that wasn't it. I live in a very small town and the ER here is not that great so basicly they treat ya then street ya so the last 4-5x I've gone in they drug me up and send me home when the pain is gone. One time they did do a CT scan so my sugren is reviewing that. He thinks its a twisted bowel but needed to review my CTs with a radioligist. It is the worst pain I have ever dealt with. The thing I'm unsure of is what happens if I get the pain again, what is the worst that can happen if it isn't taken care of in a timely manner? Any information would be great! Thanks guys! Jenny Young 280/175/150goal
Brokenwing
Fallingwater

on 11/30/05 11:32 am - Dexter, ME
OUCH! that sounds really painful. I'm sorry I don't have any info to help. I think you sould get better help than that ER. That kind of pain is scary an dangerous. Brokenwing
jessesgrl
on 12/5/05 11:26 pm - El Paso, TX
Oh my gosh Jenny!!!!!....this is exactly me!!!! I had surgery for a bowel obstruction 2 months ago. I live in El Paso but my doc is in Dallas...10 hours away! I went through tthe same horrible pain you describe day after day for about a month. You need to get this taken care of immediatly. I dont want to scare you but when my doc did finally see me, he did emergency surgery the very next day!!!! He said that it was a life or death thing. So dont freak out but go see your doc immediatly. I am praying for you. Take care, Laura
Skinny Gurl
on 12/11/05 10:26 pm - York, SC
I went thru the same pain - and went to the ER. They did an X-Ray, Ultrasound, and a CT Scan, and they couldn't find any kind of blockage. They sent me home not knowing AANYTHING! I was so frusteated and worried. I decided to take a trip to to go see my surgeon just to be safe, and I have gall stones. I know you have had yours out - but I just wanted to share. I would at least call your surgeon to see what he says. They may be able to forward your records to him to review. My surgeon wants to take my gall bladder out - but I can't do it until January. I just hope I don't have anymore attacks between now and then - UGH! Keep us updated... Jolene 280/138/... wherever I stop I guess!
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 580 views