Anyone else NOT get released???

slimsweetie2004
on 12/6/05 2:21 am - Clayton, IN
At your one year check up with your surgeon -- is there anyone else that hasnt gotten released from checkups? (other than the once a year weighins) I'm a little bummed about that. I went through all of the appointments doing pretty good, throughout the year, and then on the last one, my surgeon told me that she wanted to see me again in 6 months. She thinks I may be anemic. (never had that problem before, that I know of) I had to see her assistant on the appointment that I had had prior to the 1 year check up. I wonder if I would have found out earlier, had I waited on her to come in the office that day, as she was running late. I've upped the vitamins to 3 a day, and have to take Thiamin or B-1 now, too .... then she wants blood work done a few days before I go back to see her. ...just wondering how "normal" this is?? Susan
Gina Beana
on 12/6/05 12:43 pm - Wilson, NC
Susan, I think that this is very normal. I got the same thing when I went in for my 1 year check up. My levels were slightly below normal and doc just wants to be on the safe side. Don't be bummed out about it. At least your surgeon seems like she is concerned about your well being, and it gives you a chance to keep yourself in check and to show off at the office some more. It's always nice to hear that everything is as it should be in your body. Dont sweat it girl, you are just as normal as can be!!!
slimsweetie2004
on 12/6/05 8:02 pm - Clayton, IN
Ok, thanks for the input!! That's all I want .. just to be "normal as can be".... Susan
TweedleDum
on 12/7/05 10:15 pm - Hattiesburg, MS
My doctor will continue to see me until I am 2 years out. The appointments are 4 mos apart.
slimsweetie2004
on 12/7/05 10:34 pm - Clayton, IN
hmm .. thats interesting. We just had the 1 year ...
Sheryl in So Cali
on 12/9/05 2:10 am - San Clemente, CA
Susan My surgeon also wants to see me again in 6 months. Must be normal. Sheryl
slimsweetie2004
on 12/9/05 2:22 am - Clayton, IN
hmm .. ok. Have you had any problems?
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views