Snack Snack Snack...UGH!!!!!

jessesgrl
on 12/7/05 1:50 am - El Paso, TX
I need help!!!!! I am still very much outta control. I am snacking all the time. I have gained and I am very depressed...this all started with Thanksgiving. I think I need to go thru detox or sumthin. Is anyone else having this problem. I made a sugar free banana bread and over 3 days practically ate it all myself!!!!!! I feel like a failure. I read all the newbie posts on the main board and get sooooo down wishing that I could go back to that stage, but lately I havent been getting that "full" feeling much. OH the guilt!!!!! Can anyone help me??? Laura
TweedleDum
on 12/7/05 10:14 pm - Hattiesburg, MS
You need to go back to the high protein thicker foods. Banana nut bread is not fulling at all. Try to go back to chicken and turkey and stuff like that. Get away from the carbs. I too felt myself slipping back and had to remind myself of where I started and I tell you what sister.. I dont want to be that fat ass anymore. Step away from the munching and if you must snack - make it protein of some sort. Beef Jerky, Ham and Cheese Roll Ups, even brocolli or cauliflower. Even though something can be sugar free - it is not calorie free. I know I cant have stuff like that in my house or I will eat it all. If you must have a peice - make it- eat a peice and give the rest to your neighbors. Dont give in to that junk.. You can do this!
slimsweetie2004
on 12/7/05 10:36 pm - Clayton, IN
Thanks for the advice, as, I too, have been SNACKING too much. I'll have to remember this! Susan
DivaLicia
on 12/10/05 1:33 pm - Hendersonville, TN
I think we all have the urge to snack at times. I know I go totally overboard and then try to justify it because I know I'm not eating as much as I would before I had the surgery (only because I can't). But the fact is that we have come too far to turn back now! If you can remember back a year ago when we first had the surgery, those high protein foods - that's what we need to snack on if we just have to eat. I am preaching to myself too - those cookies and pies and mac and cheese and dressing really sent me over the edge. I gotta re-focus and get back in control! You can do it! Really we can! don't give up! Alicia
jmmurphy
on 12/13/05 1:45 am - Sandia, TX
I don't think any of us will completely get over the urge to snack. Sometimes it's worse than others. When I bake or buy carb snack like cookies I portion them out IMMEDIATELY (no will power) and stick them in the freezer or "emergencies". That way they are out of sight and not talking to me all the time. And, like the other message, make your snacks count and plan them. I like nuts, cheese (low fat) and I find that flavorful things are more satisfying than bland. I have to make myself nibble instead of bite to make it last longer. The best thing I can do for myself is not buy it in the first place! Good luck, Joanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 580 views