Thank you!!

Princess_Mommy
on 1/13/06 6:20 am - Vernon Hills, IL
I have been what I believe you call a 'lurker' since my surgery in October, 2004. The 15 months have been an incredible journey, with many ups and downs (more ups than downs). I weighed 379 pounds before surgery. Today I tipped the scales at 265.5! But, I haven't been below 268 since September. Just after the first of the year I re-grouped and have spent the last 10 days eating nothing but protein, and having protein drinks in between meals (at least one a day). I have eaten very few carbs. I began on January 3 at 274. So, getting back to the protein worked! I am going to try to continue that path. It is very hard, because while the surgery has reduced my appetite and keeps me from eating the quantity of food I used to, my eating disorder has not gone away. What I am thanking you all for is the number of times come to this site and found postings by someone who is going through the exact same thing I am going through. Since September, I've bounced between 268 and 274, up and down, up and down. I am praying that I've finally broken this plateau. The postings from the others who are experiencing the same thing has really helped my mind set. Please know that your postings of the troubles you are having are helping us 'lurkers' more than you can know - especially since we don't necessarily post. So, thanks. And please keep posting. Debby 379/265.5/135
minime
on 1/23/06 1:28 pm - Littleton, NC
You are doing great. You will stall from time to time and it is very frustrating. Keep on pressing on and it will come off.
TweedleDum
on 1/31/06 1:17 am - Hattiesburg, MS
What eating disorder are you talking about? I struggle sometimes with Binge eating... It is something I didnt even realize I had until I started reading some self help books with a questionaire in it. I also spent some time talking to my nutritionist. If you struggle from bulimia you should really get some self help books they have really helped me and there is some stuff on my profile if you want to take a look.
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 580 views