Update

longandloud
on 1/20/06 7:01 am - Paragould, AR
It has been a while since I last posted. So much has changed. I am getting ready to have my consultation for skin removal... I didn't lose as much as I was hoping But my consult is not untill March. I am hoping that I can lose at least twenty more pounds. I am restricting my caloric intake to between 500-600 with protein drink It has been really hard for these last few pounds to come off. I seem to be at a major stand still. anyway I will give it a shot. I will be satisfied no matter how it turns out. A lot of people tell me they think that I am thin enough by the time I have the skin removed I will be smaller than I have in over twenty years... Prior to surgery I was wearing a 6X pull over shirt, now I am in a small. I was 70 inches around my waist now I am 38 inches and when I have the skin removal I am estimating that I will be around 32-34 inches around the waist quite a change. This surgery did save my life. I have been blessed with good results no complications, or ill side effects......
minime
on 1/23/06 1:26 pm - Littleton, NC
Great job. Keep up the good work.
longandloud
on 1/23/06 8:45 pm - Paragould, AR
Thanks for the reply: I read your profile, my goal was to try and get down to about 160-175 also I am short in stature, but I have large bones. At this current stand still it seems that I am fluctuating between 195 and two hundred and it has been hard to keep it under two hundred. for the last two weeks I have cut back to about 500 or calories or less, but I really think my body is trying to stablize, any way I may not be able to reach the 160-175 pound mark. If I do that would be fine but my goal really is more about size than weight at this point. I wish the weight calculor that is here would take in consideration of frame size because of the fact that I have bones. Well I guess you all can see I am long winded. I am just more than anything else thankfull that I have succeded thus far, and haven't gained anything back...
TweedleDum
on 1/31/06 1:05 am - Hattiesburg, MS
Hi Curtis... I know all nutritionists are different but mine told me anything under 800 calories is a waste of time. Your body goes into starvation mode and you wont lose hardly anything. He told me to stay between 1000 and 1200 to continue to lose and 1400-1500 to maintain which is where I am now. Good Luck to you!
longandloud
on 1/31/06 11:53 am - Paragould, AR
Thank you for all the replies: I do know that it is necessary to eat more than 500 calories, and for the last week I have been in an up and down state. I am finding it easier to eat now and this has me concerened. Although my hunger has never returned I still enjoy good food. I am going to try and maintain myself at about 1000-1200 I am in the final stage of weight loss prior to the skin removal. I am still apprehensive, and since it is easier want to watch what I put in my mouth so that I don't start gaining. I know that I don't want to put myself in the position of gaining, I had lost down to my weight goal about twenty years ago, and there is always a concern I will have in maintaining the weight loss that I have even if I don't lose much more. This surgery has been one ongoing learning experence for me. But I am more determined to get to my goal and do it way that will be more beneficial to my health, once again thanks for the repies. Curtis
sweety222_2001
on 9/5/06 3:56 pm - Meeker, ok
I would like to know how you are doing with your skin removeal. and i would like to see pictures becouse my husban is in 6x.
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 580 views