Help!!!

Caroline69
on 2/15/06 10:22 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi everyone, How's it goin im needin help im goin off track here im eating more and im scared i streched my pouch whats happening to meeeeeeeeeee i cant control myself i need some inputs as to what i should be eating again plzzz help any ideas ???
jessesgrl
on 2/21/06 1:30 am - El Paso, TX
I seem to be eating more as well. I really dont feel that full feeling anymore, so what I am doing is going back to the basics. Getting protien first and not drinking for 30 min after eating, getting plenty of water( I struggle with this every day and have since day 1). I am really trying not to freak out. I havent really gained but I feel that I might soon if I continue on this destructive path. I really need to start exercising too. I havent at all until now. Take Care, Laura
Melanie H.
on 2/22/06 11:41 am - London, Canada
Hi Ladies: Well the good thing is we are normal and seem to be following the normal path. They said the first year to 18 months it is easy and after that we have to work at it. We know the program and what to eat. Protein first and low carb stuff after that. No empty calories and no drinking with our meals. We can do what they call water loading before meals to give us a full feeling again. No drinking for a hour after eating. I read an article that if you really want to kick start again eat nothing but meat and cottage cheese for about 10 days. Or we can go back to protein drinks and small meals only, that is what I am doing right now. I need a kick start so I am doing protein drinks and one meal a day for a few days. Good luck to you and remember it is a tool and if the tool stays in the tool box it does no good we have to work with the tool for it to help. Hang in there and follow the program and it will work I am convinced. Melanie October 4th 2004 360 - 202 158 pounds gone and not coming back whatever it takes
longandloud
on 3/27/06 9:08 pm - Paragould, AR
Your surgery was one day after mine. I find that it is easier to eat also, I have read the replies and agree with them. The best thing to do is try to get back to the basics. Even though it is easier for me to eat. I still don't have any hunger. I have limeted myself to a protein drink, But really have to watch the caloric intake. I have also be sticking to eating salads, and working out. I can tolerate lettuce some others may not be able to. So the safest thing is to try the meat and cottage cheese. It has always been hard for me to prefill with water. If I do then I will not eat at all. but that is the best thing to do 30 minutes before drink a glass of water, No water until One Hour after is also what I have been told although I find it easier to drink water in small sips with the meal I have been told to not do that so I have stopped drinking anything with the meals. Don't get discouraged, stick to the basics. Hope this helps you.
PammyP
on 4/9/06 3:56 am - Mundelein, IL
i just posted on the lapbad form last night the same issues. i have have not lost weight in over 6 months and have gained a little. i still have over 100 lbs to loose. i am way to far from my goal to lose it all now. plus my insurance did not pay for my surgery and had to pay for it myself. that hurts even more. i am feeling stronger today after my post last night. it helped my from going to chocolate late last night. i started an emotional journal today because my eating has been all emotional. i eat when i am board, sad, happy, stressed you name it. i know i have an addiction to my relationship with food and need to change it. i need to feed by body not feed my emotions. i think i need to go back to a very limited diet. i also need to come back to the message boards. i have not been on the message boards when i was doing poorly. i read about all of the other people that had surgery when i do and feel like a failure because they have been done it and i having a hard time. i ask god and the angles for help. these chalenges are here for me to learn and improve from. i know i may not be to motivational because i am having a hard time to. but we all need to learn from this and grow from our experiences.
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 580 views