Is anyone else struggling in here???

jessesgrl
on 3/6/06 12:04 am - El Paso, TX
Or am I the only one??? I am struggling with losing 5 pounds and gainning them right back. It is getting harder and harder to maintain. I know this is a life long commitment, but does anyone else get tired of fighting with yourself??? I am always wanting things that arent good for me and it is a battle. I know I need to get more protien and stay away from sugar but it has been such a struggle for me. I am afraid of gaining all my weight back. This is getting harder and harder.
jenn8671
on 3/6/06 2:58 am - Pepperell, MA
Its a total struggle. It seems like the past 6 months or so I have been on a rollercoaster. For weeks, I eat really bad, then get back on track, lose what I have gained....then go back to eating badly. I crave sweets now terribly! I am ashamed to say there are some days I eat nothing but sugary carbs....snack cakes, donuts, candy bars. I don't weigh myself very often anymore....so wehn I do, I usually see a gain, then go back to "basics". I have also been struggling with reactive hypoglycemia lately, which got so bad that I really had to take a look at my diet. I was afraid to go out in public for fear of having an episode (low-blood sugar symptoms, sweating, shaking, nausea, weakness, severe hunger) I would get these several times a day, and usually grab something sweet because that is what I was craving at the time, and it DID help get the symptoms to go away. But after doing some research, I now know that that was probably causing it. I have been eating a mix of protein/carbs every couple of hours and I have it totally under control now. I remember thinking I would just lose the weight and not be ABLE to eat badly to gain it back.....what a la-la land I was in. I think its just going to be up and down with these 5 - 10 pounds for the rest of my life. I still have never hit my goal of 145....the closest I came was 146 and now I am at 153. I was at 159 last week, so in just one week I am down 6 pounds. What a difference it makes when I WAKE up and pay attention to what I am putting in my mouth. You are NOT alone! We used to do a daily menu - for accountability - on this board. Is anyone interested in starting that up again? It not only makes you see what you are eating, but you can get some good ideas for something different. I know when I get bored with food, I tend to eat junk. Jenn
southern belle
on 6/30/06 12:35 am - Hoover, AL
I would be interested in a daily menu post. I'd love to see what other people are eating. My little indulgence - those little white powdered donuts. I can eat two or three at a time with no problem. The problem - I eat two or three at a time two or three times a day. At 230 calories a pop, there's an extra 600+ calories in my diet. And I wonder why I'm up 5 pounds. I threw the rest of them away because no one in my family needs them. I've got a three and a half year old daughter I'm trying my hardest to help learn healthy eating habits from early on so she doesn't go through what I've gone through. She's gaining more than the recommended 2 to 3 pounds a year for her age. I worry so much about her. She wants the bad foods and getting her to eat the good foods are a challenge. She'll go hungry rather than eat anything she doesn't like. Last night I sent her to bed with nothing to eat because she wouldn't eat her fish and baked potato. She wanted cashews. Not that cashews are bad for her, but that can't be her meal every night. Any way, I feel like I'm struggling for myself and my family. I drink with my meals. I eat when I'm not hungry and I eat things I'm not supposed to. But I do stop when I see the scale go up. I could see the scale go down if I'd do that all the time instead of just when I see it go up. *sigh* This is going to be a life long battle.
slimsweetie2004
on 3/8/06 8:54 pm - Clayton, IN
I'm struggling too ... not sure why. But, like you, I keep losing and regaining the same 5 or so lbs. I hadnt been working out, but since I am now divorced (since 2/10/06....YAY!), and can do so, I am going back to working out at an exercise bed place where I used to go all the time. Starting out with 3 times a week, and we'll see if that helps. I'm getting a roll around my middle of all the excess flab .. and I hate that - especially when it shows !!! Sugar has been a battle -- I'm tryin to make myself stay away from it and eat more meats and veggies ... its really hard! I sure dont wanna gain all that weight back either!
piizzadude
on 3/10/06 1:39 pm - Harrisburg, PA
Use Fitday to keep track of what you eat. Like another poster stated, writing down everything you eat really puts it in perspective. Dan
Molly S.
on 4/4/06 11:35 am - Chicago, IL
Hang in there. We are going to always struggle with our weight, because the surgery did not fix our brains! Just stay focused and if you need help, seek it out now. Support group, individual theapary, whatever it takes not to go or look backwards. Keep up the good work and don't be afraid to ask for help. This is not easy, but YOU CAN AND WILL DO THIS....
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 580 views