Recent Posts

LadyP
on 1/23/08 7:35 am - New Haven, CT
Topic: RE: Weight gain...attempting sclerotherapy
It's been a long time since I came here, and to read all that you guys are going through, hits home so deep, I was doing fine with my weight, until they had to give me steroids for my legs, I started putting on weight and can't get it off, and just like everyone else i'm always hungry. I would like to look into the sclerotherapy, if its not like a surgery. Well thanks for all of this information Paula
lstottward
on 12/8/07 9:08 am - Great Falls, MT
just wondered if you have had success with the sclerotherapy?? best wishes lynnette w
morgansmommy
on 11/7/07 7:16 am - Gig Harbor, WA
Topic: RE: checking in.
Good Luck! I am wishing you a speedy recovery! Let us know how it went once you are home!
tinktee
on 10/30/07 1:33 am - Spanaway, WA
Topic: checking in.
Happy birthday everyone, I wanted to up date and to let you know I'm going in on the 8th of nov. for a tummy tuck, lift and augmentation. Yes all done at the same time. I'm looking forward to the out come.~smiling~Dr. Reus in Olympia is awesome, I've seen his work and I'm very pleased. Here is his web site for those who want to check him out. Fine Art Plastic Surgery.com William F. Reus M.D. Olympia Wa Congrats to all of you. Terry
Sheryl E.
on 10/25/07 3:25 am
I am right with you, Patty. I have gained 25 lbs, as well. I had the BPD/DS, so not sure if the treatment can be done for me. It seems i could eat constantly. I even went back to weigh****chers, but the more I focus on what I eat, the more I eat. Sheryl E.
Tammy McDonald
on 10/17/07 11:26 pm - Mukwonago, WI
Topic: RE: Any Advice? Stuck at 212 lbs.
I also travel for work and I have worked and struggled with exercise and diet when in the field. Here is what I have finally come up with. I had an old laptop that I converted into a DVD player. I had a excercise program called The Firm that I held on to since before I had surgery. So I bought a mat and some soft hand weights at WalMart and I pack them with me when I am on the road. Granted I drive not fly and that could be a pain but even if the hotel does not have a fitness room I have something I can do. Or, if its nice I take the weights and get out and walk in the evening, won't work too well if its not a safe area but I am lucky enough to be able to do that in most areas I work. I also take protien with me and some Kashi cereal for breakfast instead of eating what is there, usually nothing for us. All carbs and sugar. I am approaching my 3rd "birthday" on October 20th and I still havent made it to goal so I can totally relate to where you're comming from. Don't be too hard on yourself and keep up the good fight. Its hard not to get down on yourself. Keep on Keepin' on, Tammy McD 287, 191, 207(ahhh the bounce back!)
LizMoore
on 10/17/07 12:26 am - San Diego, CA
Topic: RE: HELPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!
Im always hungry too,,and they can never get the band at the *sweet spot*,,IM asking for a revison myself to gastric
roake
on 10/10/07 2:11 am - Canada
Topic: Bluewater Sarnia
Anyone else have surgery 2004 and 2005 in Sarnia? Who was your surgeon?
northern_mama
on 7/15/07 1:22 am - southwest, MI
Topic: RE: Question
I found this on someones profile. I hope it is what you are looking for: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Dr. Fox's Plateau Busting Diet This is the plan that Dr. Fox gives to his RNY and AGB patients in order to get through a plateau in weight loss. #1 Do for 10 days to break plateau #2 Drink 2 quarts of water a day #3 You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamin & mineral supplements each day. #4 You may consume up to 3 oz. of the following high-protein foods, 5 times a day: Beef, pork,chicken,turkey,lamb,fish,eggs,low-fat cheese,cottage cheese,plain yogurt,peanut butter,beans/legumes. #5 You may also have: sugar-free popsicles (avoid juice popsicles), tea or coffee, sugar-free sodas, sugar-free Jello, broths & bouillons, Crystal Lite drinks. #6 IF IT IS NOT ON THE LIST YOU MAY NOT HAVE IT! #7 Keep a food diary and try to get 30 minutes of exercise daily.
rrspano
on 6/30/07 2:45 am - Houston, TX
Topic: Question
Does anyone have a copy of the plateau busting diet? I would sure appreciate it if you could post it. Thanks, Robyn
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 580 views