Friday Roll Call

berts4
on 8/23/07 10:46 pm - Rock City, IL
It's FRIDAY!!!!! Todd and the kids finished their shift at the lemonade stand last night and I got to go to bed early!! It has been raining here for 3 weeks. I heard on the radio this morning that we have received 22 inches of rain in the first 3 weeks of August. Our normal rainfall for the WHOLE YEAR is 35 inches, so we have received 2/3 of that in just 3 weeks.!!!! It just HAS to stop soon! Today, I will work all day, then get home to watch David ride the bench at the first football game of the year. He is not allowed to play until next week because he missed the first few practices due to his volunteer job at Camp. I live in an area where high school football (and sports) is the biggest thing around , but sorry, I am just not that die hard about it and think that the job was more important. Too bad the coaches don't agree. We have a wedding tomorrow and final lemonade duty on Sunday afternoon. Somewhere in there I will have to look elsewhere for the last minute supplies as Wal-Mart didn't have anything I could use. Aimee----WAY TO GO!!!! what a huge NSV!!! (non-scale victory) I'm sure you will get used to sleeping "au natural" before you know it. Lauri and Evelyn---great to meet you, and how cool is it that you have so mu*****ommon? Tabby-----take a DEEP breath! Allison---I hope you get some releif soon. I had a back injury years ago and I agree---it SUCKS. Felicia and Patty---I hope you enjoyed your down time last eveing, I know I did. I hope everyone has a lovely day and weekend. I will check back in with you all on Monday. (Home computer still MIA.....) Dawn
Patricia S.
on 8/23/07 11:22 pm - Glen Mills, PA
Happy Friday! Quiet evening went well. I was so tired last night when I got home from work. I stepped into the kitchen and pulled out the porkchops to begin dinner (menu planned was grilled porkchops w/ grilled squash and steamed broccoli). However, the boy and repackaged them for the freezer by just loosely putting some foil over the open package..nothing airtight so they were badly freezer burned and smelled really bad. I instantly lost all desire to cook. The Boy stepped up and rushed out to the local deli to pick up dinner (a hoagie..aka sub...for him and some roast beef for me) I added mine to some salad (we keep the salad fixins already prepared in the fridge). The rest of the evening was spent relaxing and catching up on various TV programs saved on the DVR. Today I'm working as always. After work activities will depend on the weather. We may go play volleyball with some friends (I HATE HATE HATE volleyball...but I play as it's a way to get in some extra excercise), or we may catch a movie as we haven't been in awhile...I also suspect we'll be going out to eat. The weekend is going to be a relaxing one for us (for once). Husband is working tomorrow morning - to give me some me time...which of course on a Saturday morning means I will be catching up on some much needed cleaning. We have a birthday party in the afternoon that is pretty much it for the whole weekend. I suspect we will fill at least some of the time with our hobby of geocaching. We have really been active with that lately - even going as far as taking weekend trips to other parts of PA and nearby states to find new areas to explore.
amy K.
on 8/24/07 12:11 am - Riverside, CA
Hi everyone. Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I took Annika my 3 yr old to Disneyland. We have season passes so we go quite a bit. Hey if any of you ever plan a trip out here let me know I would love to meet all of you. I finally got to meet and take a pic with Mickey himself. I have been to Disneyland maybe close to 100 times and have never had a pic with Mickey. I will post a pic. Well looks like you were all busy yesterday. Hope you all get a minute to relax today. As for me I have to work this morning from 8:00 to 11:00 and then I will be home for my other job, mommy duty... Have a great day Amy
allison1974
on 8/24/07 12:03 am - PA
Today I have to try and get my butt moving! This bedrest idea is just not working! Unless my doctor wants to take my son shopping I'll have to move today. *LOL* I have to get school shopping done. My DH was SUPPOSED to take my son every night this week and it still isn't done yet! He "says" he'll take him tomorrow but I know it's not going to get done until I do it! He starts school on Mon. so at this point I guess there's no putting it off any longer. As for the rest of the weekend, I would really like to jar cherry peppers. However, the only way that is going to get done is if someone offers to help me because that is a long time on my feet. I wish you all a fun packed weekend! Allison
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/07 12:38 am - MT
TGIF!! Dale ended up on call last night so he didn't go WAAAAAAAAA but I did get a nice long hot shower with out interruption so I guess all was good LOLOL. Just got home from working out at the gym and walking 2 miles with Joshua. I am looking forward to the weekend lol. My body is tired. I will still walk Saturday and Sunday but no weights so that will be nice. Not much going on this weekend with Dale being on call. Supposed to be hot again for a couple days so I guess it will be a good time to clean house. Maybe I will run over to the party supplies store. Joshua's birthday is coming up fast and I need to get balloon runners and stuff. Every year we blow up 100's of balloons and float them all over the house. Its the "big thing" he looks forward to every year. Ask him what he wants for his birthday and he says "THE BALLOOOOOONS". lol Anyone else get Fall Cleaning bug instead of Spring Cleaning bug? The cool weather makes me just want to open everything up, dust it out and clean. Well except for the dishes that STILL haven't gotten done *sigh*. Hey I am not out of forks yet so all is good! I have 1 week as of today to see the teens. Yes I know its silly but next Friday is my big "coming out" day and I just want to be able to say that I am in the 2-teens instead of the 220's lol. That and I am really sick of seeing 22something on the scale. Its been a month in the 220's and its irritating me. Got to work harder at getting the protein in I guess. With all the working out I think I stalled myself out a bit. Welp I better get to getting. Thanks for doing this Dawn!! Its great fun to read what everyone is up to!! *huggles* Felicia =0)
ScrapRNmom
on 8/24/07 2:41 am - Toledo, OH
Yeah, this is fun. I feel like Im learning all about you all! I had a quiet morning...just me and a cup of decaf coffee! AHHH. I had to take my son to school all week because bus service did not start until today. (He doesn't have a car yet). Another big SIGH, bus service started today. Wohoo! I am a free woman for awhile! So just me and my cuppa this am. Went to the gym and worked out. Nothing special planned for the weekend. My son works tonight, so I will have a nice quiet evening to myself. I think I hear Calgon calling my name! Tomorrow will be a gym day for me also. Sunday I want to get to church, so will skip the gym. Its supposed to be really nice here. Im thinking a picnic at the park might be nice after church. Or maybe a trip to the zoo. We havent been all summer. So happy weekend all! Cheerio! Lauri
Angelsteps
on 8/24/07 7:41 am - Austin, AR
Wonderful alarm went off at 5:00 this morning actually 30 minutes later than normal hubby doesn't work on Friday. Be ready for work by 6:15 wake up the 4 boys for school, fix their breakfast and make sure they have everything ready for school before the bus comes at 7:10. On my way to work drop one off at school because he has to take his trombone and art supply box to school today and to much to fit in his bus seat. Dropped him off at 7:30 and head to work to be there by 8:30. During lunch run errands to pick up more school supplies at Hobby Lobby and Office Depot that can't be picked up in my neighborhood. Get off at 5:00pm and drive 35-45 minutes home. Fix dinner for the hubby and boys, do dishes maybe relax for about an hour before I totally crash for the day. Saturday is major cleaning day. Sorting through kids clothes they won't wear or can't wear anymore and cleaning the house. Taking 11 year old (Abraham) to football tryouts. Here is some food for thought....my 10th grader had and English assignment last night where he had to write a 500 word essay. Doesn't sound to hard except "Using only 1 syllable words". Do you think you could do it? To be honest it probably took him more thinking than it would have to write a normal essay he kept having to erase because the words were to long. Have a safe and wonderful weekend!! Teresa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 239 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1239 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 996 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 962 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1114 views