not losing

jms1944
on 12/28/07 1:59 am
Hi Everyone I have not a pound in since september I am still 20 pounds from where I would like to be. I have lost about 55 pounds and am stuck and very mad. It is nice to read you all have had luck with this band. I am too but would like to lose atlest 10 more . I a felling sorry for my self right now .Think's for listening..Judy (p.s. It has been over a year)
E velyn
on 12/28/07 2:51 am
Hi Judy. I know what it is like to be mad and to feel sorry for myself regarding weight loss surgery! I had a different procedure - but I remember my three month stall that drove me crazy! IN my case, I the weight loss began again and I made it to my goal. I hope that your body finally decides to give up those last 10-20 pounds!
jms1944
on 12/28/07 3:02 am
Thank you Evelyn, I know it will come and that I will never be fat again,that should enough but it's been a bad 3 mo's Judy
LisaAC
on 12/28/07 8:18 pm - Philadelphia, PA
After the first few months, I have struggled for every pound lost, more so as time goes on. Maybe you need to shake things up a bit...increase your water intake...up the protein...tweak your exercise routine. Good luck. Lisa
anagram
on 12/29/07 6:53 pm - Orange Park, FL
I'm right there with you (I'm just happy I'm not gaining). I know it's me though right now. What I have found is when I go outside my normal routine and throw in some major walking time I kick off another 10 lbs or so. We're going to Epcot next weekend so I'm hoping that will do it (when we walked Seaworld I lost 5 lbs that weekend) for the holidays. Up your liquids, protein and activity for 5 days and see if that will kick start you. Good luck.
berts4
on 12/31/07 12:51 am - Rock City, IL
HI Judy! I am right there with you. It has been over 20 weeks since I have lost anything. I bounce up and down the same 2-3 pounds. A had RNY, not the band though. I exercise regularly and relatively strenuously, get in 100 oz of water per day and around 100+ g of protein including 2-3 protein shakes. I do everything as instructed and can understand your frustration completely. I am at a complete loss as to what to do and am just happy that I am not gaining. The only thing that really helps is when I realize how much better I feel, and how far I really have come. I have lost a total of 90 pounds since my highest and 60 since surgery, which I could not have done on my own. I have lost 72% of my excess weight, which qualifies the surgery as a success. It IS hard to see everyone else posting about how much better things have worked out for them, but we will have to continue to look at the bright side. Hopefully, the new year will bring us better luck and the losing will begin again. Just wanted you to know that you are NOT alone.
berts4
on 12/31/07 12:54 am - Rock City, IL
OH......and the "shaking things up" doesn't seem to work either. I walked and walked and walked and even worked out while on vacation.....weight stayed the same. I guess my body is just happy being obese.
Aime B.
on 1/6/08 7:24 pm - Baltimore, MD
I also stopped losing at 90 lbs. I am still losing inches as my clothes keep getting looser all the time. I guess this is where my body wants to be. I just pray I don't gain.
jms1944
on 12/31/07 1:35 am
Thank You all for taking the time to post to me. It is better to know I am not the only one not losing. I feel better now,and will keep trying. it get's to me when I read that someone who had surgery the sae time as I did has lost 100 pounds. I need to learn we are all different. Thanks again for your encouraging words. Judy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 234 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1231 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 984 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 953 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1103 views