the skin thing...

LisaAC
on 1/20/08 11:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I'm posting this to multiple boards, to get as much info as people might have, so apologies if you're seeing this all over the place! Regarding this extra/mis-shapen skin and the stretch marks and all this stuff that comes from losing so much weight: I work out and do what I can to tone, but I know that some of it I am just stuck with until/unless I have plastics to correct it. BUT...has anyone discovered anything else that is in any way helpful? Any creams or lotions or potions? Any herbs or vitamins or magic teas? Anything? Anything at all? Thanks in advance. Lisa
PUDYTAT
on 1/21/08 3:33 am - CAROLINA SHORES, NC
Hey lisa, how'd you enjoy new orleans ? Was it as great as everyone says? I've been alot of places around the country and out of the country but never been there. So tell us what it was like. As far as the extra skin thing, I think the plastics route it really the only thing that really works. I did meet a woman who was a pt. At the hosp I work in, she had her surgery about 5 years ago, ironically, with the same surgeon who did my surgery. She's been doing arm curls w/ five and ten pound weights and it seems to be helping. How long she's been doing them I can't say. Creams? Don't think there's any type that really works. Hope this helps a little bit. Donna, sfy
LisaAC
on 1/21/08 12:20 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Donna, Thanks for responding. New Orleans was awesome! What a wonderful city! The people, the architecture, the spirit of the place. I took a swamp tour and actually held a baby alligator - understand, I was the girl who was afraid to go anywhere near the reptile house at the zoo! The tour was on this little 6-passenger airboat and I had to climb down into it and up again and it was so funny...the way we still see ourselves, I guess...as we were coming back to the dock, I felt a moment of panic, thinking: oh, no, how will I ever get back up there? Well, the boat captain grabbed my arm and lifted me up I thought: oh, ok, that's how! I ate some things I don't ordinarily eat, but I decided before going that I would do so, so it wasn't impulsive eating. And I don't feel guilty about it. I did so much walking, I broke even anyhow I had a great time all around. Lisa
tiffyb
on 1/21/08 4:43 am - Orange, CA
Hi Lisa.. I think PS is the only thing we can do.. Imean work and stuff but the extra needs to be removed.. My face even needs to be tightend and I am only 38.. I have a Botox consult on friday.. Maybe he can inject my tummy.. lol.. Let me know what you find out! Luvs and Hugs! Tiff
LisaAC
on 1/21/08 12:22 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks, Tiff! Let me know how it goes with the Botox. Lisa
hollywatson
on 2/18/08 10:46 pm - Oil City, PA
Hi Tiff, How did your botox consult go?? Holly
Michelle B.
on 1/21/08 4:57 am - Pennsauken, NJ
GREAT QUESTION LISA!! I have another to add.... if anyone saw Big Medicine last week, there was a woman going for plastics, who wore an undergarment she called her 'suit of armor'.... it seemed to work wonders for her.... does anyone know what it's really called and where I might be able to purchase one?? Thanks!!
LisaAC
on 1/21/08 12:23 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I don't know, Michelle. Maybe it was that thing by Spanx? Lisa
hollywatson
on 1/22/08 3:26 am - Oil City, PA
Hi Michelle! I love to watch Big Medicine. I think that is the show that made me get the courage to go to my PS Consult. I am having my PS next Friday on Feb. 1. My insurance will only cover my tummy -- I was measured for my "suit of armor" that I will have to wear after surgery...is that what you were talking about??! Holly
Susan T.
on 1/21/08 8:51 am - Waco, TX
Hey Lisa, From everything I've seen and read and heard from others...toning and tightening help some...but won't take care of the skin problem completely. It will take care of the muscles underneath though so that when the skin is removed you will look fabulous! Hope that helps... Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 234 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1231 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 984 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 953 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1103 views