I'm BACK!

hollywatson
on 2/17/08 11:19 pm - Oil City, PA
Thank you to everyone for their well wishes, thoughts and prayers! I am doing well....my incisions look good....I feel good....still a little sore, but I just have to remember to take it easy! Still not allowed to lift anything over 10 pounds....and trust me I know it if I do! I had a horrible horrible time last Monday when they removed one drain.....thought I was going to lose my mind as I have never experienced that kind of pain before.....all the staples were removed (I had 300+) and on Thursday he removed the second drain and told me I could come back to work today! They removed 920 grams of skin....which equals to 2.5 lbs....I was a little disappointed, but overall I am thrilled that I have a flat tummy! Would I recommend PS? Well......I would have to say it would be entirely up to the person looking into it.....I've had 3 major surgeries in the last 18 months and I think I ready for a break from surgery! LOL.....I would love to have the girls lifted, eventually, but not entirely sure I want to go through it all again! I will post some pictures soon....I bought a pair of dark blue dress pants the other night -- a SIZE 8! I am still in shock over that.....as I cannot ever remember wearing a size 8 ...maybe when I was 10 years old! Thanks again for all of your support, well wishes, thoughts and prayers! Hugs, Holly
berts4
on 2/18/08 12:09 am - Rock City, IL
Dear Holly: I am so glad to see that you are recovering nicely and are back at work. Good for you!
tiffyb
on 2/18/08 12:36 pm - Orange, CA
Hi Holly!!! So gald you are doing ok.. Sorry you were in alot of pain.. Size 8??? Wow!!! I bet you look amazing!!! Thanks for letting us know you are ok.. Keep in touch!!! Tiff
ZeeDove
on 2/18/08 8:32 pm - Cape Town, South Africa
Welcome back Holly. 300 staples sounds EXTREMELY ouch.
Tabby C.
on 2/19/08 2:26 am - West Alexander, PA
YAY HOLLY!!! I'm so glad that you are feeling good. Congrats on the size 8's. Isn't it great? I can't ever remember wearing an 8, either. How cool is that? Sorry to hear that the removal of the drain was so painful? Did you take some pain meds before you went in? I did each time I had one removed. They aren't fun to have in, nor to remove, but I'd much rather have them removed, than kept in. LOL. Are you tired? It took me a while to get my energy back. It was a good month or two before I was up and about enough to clean the house, but that was probably from my thighs. Keep us posted on how you are feeling. I'll try to give you a call some time soon. Take care. Hugs, Tabby
LisaAC
on 2/21/08 2:45 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good to hear from you, Holly, and so glad everything went well. I called a surgeon last month and her office person was able to tell me my ins co requires six months of consistent documentation. I'm working on that now. What sort of things did you collect for approval? Did they deny anything you were hoping to get? Lisa
PUDYTAT
on 2/23/08 8:46 am - CAROLINA SHORES, NC
Hey sister holly, so glad to see you back on the board and doing so well and the surgery was such a success. You're into a size 8? Oh my God! I am so jealous, I'm still in a 16, not complaining mind you a 16 is so much better and a big improvement from a 26/28. Keep up the healing process, don't overdo it and keep up posted. Wonderful to hear from you again. Donna, sfy
Susan T.
on 2/23/08 9:57 am - Waco, TX
Hey Holly!! Glad to hear you are home and doing well. Hope the pain is getting better by now for you. Congrats on the size 8 and a FLAT TUMMY!!!!! Woooo hooooo!!! Hugs, Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 235 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1233 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 986 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 954 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1107 views