TRIP TO THE BEACH?

PUDYTAT
on 5/27/08 1:10 am - CAROLINA SHORES, NC
HEY OCTOBER SISTERS, HOPE EVERY ONE HAD A SAFE MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND. WE, COASTAL NORTH/SOUTH CAROLINA JUST FINISHED A THREE WEEK BIKE FEST, FIRST IT WAS HARLEY FEST THEN IT WAS THE SPORT BIKE FEST. WE SURVIVED, BARELY. CAN YOU SAY CONGESTED ROADS? IF ANY ONE HAS BEEN TO MYRTLE BEACH THEN YOU KNOW THAT THERE AREN'T TO MANY MAIN ROADS (2 TO BE EXACT) SO WHAT WOULD NORMALLY TAKE 20 - 25 MINS TOOK UP TO 1.5hrs TO GET SOME WERE. THANK GOD THAT'S OVER. SO, THE ACTUAL PURPOSE OF THIS POST IS TO SUGGEST THIS, AS YOU KNOW I LIVE AS STATED ABOVE, IN COASTAL SOUTHEASTERN NORTH CAROLINA. ABOUT 30 -35 mins FROM MYRTLE BEACH, SC. TABBY HAS MENTIONED THAT SHE, HER FAMILY AND ANOTHER FAMILY WILL BE COMMING DOWN TO THE BEACH FROM JULY 12th THRU THE 19th AND WE'RE HOPEFULLY PLANING ON GETTING TOGETHER. SO, WOULD ANYONE ELSE LIKE TO MAKE PLANS AND JOIN US? ALL ARE WELCOME. I KNOW IT'S A LITTLE BIT OF A SHORT NOTICE BUT ALOT OF YOU LIVE ON THE EAST COAST, NOT TO MANY HOURS AWAY. PRICES ARE RESONABLE AROUND HERE W/ THE EXCEPTION OF GAS, LIKE EVERY WERE ELSE. SO, HOW ABOUT MAKING PLANS AND JOIN US. IT GETS REALLY HOT AND HUMID BUT THE BEACHS ARE GREAT, EVERY HOTEL/MOTEL HAS A POOL AND ALL THE STORES AND RESTURANTS ARE AIR CONDITIONED. SO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK. IT WOULD BE GREAT IF WE COULD ALL GET TO MEET AND SEE EACH OTHER IN PERSON FOR A CHANGE. IF YOU COME BRING SOME BEFORE PICTURES W/ YOU. HAVE A GREAT SUMMER, DONNA, SFY
Tabby C.
on 5/27/08 2:56 pm - West Alexander, PA
Sounds good. I will bring the scrapbook that I made of my weightloss. I need to update it with current pics. I have been bad at that lately. Hopefully some others can meet up with us, too. That would be so cool. See you soon, Tabby
PUDYTAT
on 5/31/08 3:54 am - CAROLINA SHORES, NC
Hey Tabby, Scrap book? Girl you're good. I've conviently lost all or most all of my before pictuures. although the girls at work have some saved that they bring out every once in awhile when a nurse or hosp. person who hasn't seen me in awhile mentions the weight i've lost. I think the pictures are about to fall apart from over handling. and are about to also be conviently lost. I spoke (typed) w/ Susan the other day and she said she'll see what she can work out. Depends where and when and if hubby won't get upset w/ her taking another short trip. She took one just recently to TN/AL. Keep me posted on updates w/ the trip. HOPE OTHERS CAN ALSO JOIN, THAT WOULD BE GREAT. Talk to you soon, Donna sfy
E velyn
on 5/29/08 3:48 am
I wish I lived close enough to join you guys! It would be so much fun. Have a great time and post some photos!
PUDYTAT
on 5/31/08 4:05 am - CAROLINA SHORES, NC
Hey Evelyn, Where exactly do you live? It's not mentioned on this site and I tried to go to your blog, and it said you either haven't bloged, it's been deleted or not for viewing. Come on down, left, right or up and join us. It'll be really hot, but who cares? we've all lost so much weight that most, if not all don't feel the heat as much as we used to. Posting pictures? you must not realize that I'm just about computer illiterate, that's why there's no picture on this board like everyone else. DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT. !!!!!!!!! And still can't figure out how to do it after almost 2 years here. Oh well, the neonates I take care of don't care and neither do my cats. So, if you can give me an easy, step by step instruction on putting pictures on here I most certainly will, please Hope you and every one else has a productive and happy, healthy summer Donna, sfy
E velyn
on 6/4/08 10:16 am
Hey Donna, I'm way up in Northern California - up where there are more cows than people! I'm fortunate to live close to a few people from my VSG support group, and we get together from time to time, just like you guys are planning. It's been so much fun for us to actually SEE each other shrink, then help each other as we struggle with our body image and all that other stuff that didn't go away just because we lost weight. Hope you have a great time!
hollywatson
on 6/3/08 12:59 am - Oil City, PA
Oh wow! I wish I could join you, but we are on vacation the week before!!!!!! Have a great time and take some pics to share!! Holly
PUDYTAT
on 6/3/08 2:26 am - CAROLINA SHORES, NC
HEY HOLLY, LONG TIME NO HEAR! HOW HAVE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY BEEN DOING? MISS YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE ON THE BOARD. I'M AS GUILTY AS EVERYONE ELSE, GETTING OUT THERE AND ENJOYING LIFE LIKE NEVER BEFORE. SO NOT SPENDING AS MUCH TIME ON THE COMPUTER AND ON THE BOARD. I'M USUALLY LURKING AROUND HERE, CHECKING OUT A LOT OF DIFFERENT BOARDS WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK AND I THINK ABOUT IT. IT'S MY WAY OF WINDING DOWN. SO, WHAT ARE YOU AND THE FAMILY UP TO FOR THE SUMMER. TO BAD YOU YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOU VAC, ( THAT'S ASKING A LOT, ISN'T IT? ) AND JOIN US. MAYBE ANOTHER TIME. THAT WOULD BE GREAT. I'LL DEFINATELY TAKE PICTURES, BUT THE ONE BIG PROBLEM? I'M LOST WHEN IT COMES TO LOADING THEM FROM THE CAMERA TO THE COMPUTER, THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T SEE A PICTURE OF ME HERE. NO CAN DO IT. NOT UNLESS SOMEONE WALKS ME THROUGH IT STEP BY STEP. CRAZY, ISN'T IT? I CAN AND HAVE (to many times to count) DONE ADVANCED NRP ( NEONATAL RESUSCITATION) ON BABIES BUT CAN'T DOWNLOAD PICTURES ONTO A COMPUTER. HOW'S THE WEIGHT LOSS GOING? STILL LOSING OR HAVE YOU STOPED. I SPOKE W/ SUSAN TERRY VIA COMPUTER AND SHE'S DOWN TO THE 130's. I CAN'T GET PAST 160. MY OWN FAULT THOUGH, DON'T EXERCISE, DON'T WALK, EAT THE WRONG THINGS, ex: DARK CHOCOLATE M&M's, CHEESE TOAST CRACKERS, YOU GET THE PICTURE. BUT I'M COMFORTABLE WHERE I AM, SO I GUESS I'LL LIVE W/ 160, BETTER THAN THE 313 I STARTED AT. TAKE CARE, KEEP IN TOUCH AND HAVE A HAPPY HEALTHY SUMMER DONNA, SFY
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 235 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1233 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 985 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 954 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1107 views