Two Years 10/5/06

E velyn
on 10/10/08 9:58 am, edited 10/28/08 3:50 am
It's hard for me to believe, but it HAS been two years since our surgeries.  My surgeon and I agreed that 168 would be a good goal for me, but I now weigh somewhere between 148 and 155.  (I'm 5'9).  My BMI is normal, and I am happy and healthy.

Maintaining has not been a burden.  I can eat anything I want, but in smaller portions.  I've been lucky in that I can tolerate all foods - there isn't anything that I have to avoid. 

This surgery has been a blessing.   Many thanks to you, my October 06 family, for all your love and support.  The journey was easier because of you!

hollywatson
on 10/13/08 3:22 am - Oil City, PA
Hi Evelyn!
Congrats on your two year anniversary!  It is hard to believe that two years have gone by!  I was down to 148 in April and when i went for my two year check up last week I am back up to 154.  I was disappointed in myself and am scared to death that I am headed in the wrong direction!  My doctor said she isn't concerned right now, but wants to see me again in six months.  I know I am not exercising like I should and I do eat the wrong foods every now and then.  I am also having a pain in my mid section which they are afraid is an ulcer, so I am off for some tests hopefully soon!  Other than that, life is wonderful!  I am still 130 pounds lighter than I was two years ago and I know I shouldn't be too concerned about the six pounds!

Take care and it was great hearing from you soon!

Holly
Michelle B.
on 10/13/08 6:38 am - Pennsauken, NJ
Congrats on your continued sucess!!
berts4
on 10/15/08 2:00 am - Rock City, IL
Congratulations on getting below goal and staying there!

Yes, this surgery has been a blessing, even if I did not get down to where I would have liked, I am still much better than I was......

Keep up the great work!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Tabby C.
on 10/27/08 3:23 pm - West Alexander, PA
WOW, Evelyn.  You have done so well in the past 2 years.  I'm glad that you have gotten down below your goal and have not had any trouble maintaining.  ROCK ON!!!

Hugs,
Tabby Cumer 
"Failure is not when you make a mistake.  It is when you give up trying."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 234 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1231 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 984 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.