At Goal: Now what???

Babs30
on 9/27/06 3:31 am - Pueblo, CO
Hey guys, Well, I finally made to goal! YEAH!!! I've gone from a size 22 to a wonderful size 6! My highest weight was 252 lbs. With that, I had a ton of health problems from Reflux induced Asthma and ulcers to Sleep Apnea and severe joint pain. Today, I weigh 136 lbs and I feel great! The only pills I pop these days are my vitamins and a few tylenol every once in a while. But now what? Does the weight loss just stop and level off? Do I have to change the way I eat? I only expected to lose 75% of my excess weight, but now that I've lost over 100% I worry that I might have started something I can't stop. Any info you can give would be great. Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 9/27/06 7:36 am - SC
Hi There! Same here! I'm below goal 5 lbs. I don't want to lose anymore, but I said that 5 lbs ago. Really, I was happy at 170lbs and looked better, I think.. I'm not sure what to do about this, except try and start eating more and that's hard to do! I eat about 1400 cal a day already and I feel like I'm eating all the time as it is! What I do know..My surgeon told me that we have a bounce back up in our weight of about 15-20 lbs at about 18 months..BUT, I'm only 9 months out! I don't want to keep losing for another 9 months!! I go back to see my surgeon in December, a scheduled appt, but if I continue to lose I'll call and ask to see him sooner. I heard someone say to start drinking with your meals..but I don't want to make that a habit, cause if I do ever start up on the scale..this habit of waiting an hour or so to drink, after a meal will be hard to start again.. I think I will just continue to try to eat more, and maybe add some more simple carbs to my diet..bread and pasta..you know tho'.? When I eat those things..I can't eat but a bite or two and feel like I want to YAK! So even that might not work.. Lets just wait and see..we are not that far under goal..YET! Good luck, and best wishes, Janet
(deactivated member)
on 9/27/06 7:39 am - SC
PS~ You look GREAT! Congratulation for making your goal!
pettykash
on 9/29/06 1:43 am - Galveston, TX
I started eating carbs....to hold where I am. I am not eating more just the wrong things. You really have to watch the carb thing. Once one is in your mouth you want more and more.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 718 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 674 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 780 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1142 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1078 views