INFO NEEDED

shoegirl1023
on 9/30/06 10:55 pm - Solon, OH
Hi everyone, I am just over 9 months post op and have been doing gr8 so far, lost 92lb and almost at goal (10 to go) and up until a couple weeks ago i had so much energy, but lately its slowing down, i am just so tired all the time, i drink all the liquids, i take in all the protein and fruits/veggies, and ALL of my vitamins including sub-lingual B12. I also excersise every day, which is mostly walking and some other stuff. I did have my bloodwork checked a couple days ago to see if my iron's down, so still waiting to hear on that. I am also finding lately that sometimes when i breathe i am getting a kind of cramping sensation, i know this can happen a lot after the food gets stuck, but its also happening when it doesn't. I know your all probably thinking TELL THE DOCTOR RIGHT NOW, and i am planning on doing that a.s.a.p. but i just wanted some imput to see if anyone else is going thru the same ordeal or similar at this stage of the program or any stage for that matter. Also for all u POST MENOPAUSE OR GOING THRU MENOPAUSE WOMEN, could it be that? I have just started that lovely phase in my life. I am looking forward to all the info i can get from all my OH friends. Thank you so much. Joanne
Diona A.
on 10/1/06 1:54 am - Miles City, MT
Joanne, So sorry to hear you are having a problem - hope this helps. I started having energy problems and back pains and found out it was ulcers. Sounds sort of like what you are going through. As far as that time of life, a very good book to read is "Hormone Hell to Hormone Well" by by C. W., Jr., M.D. Randolph and Genie James. Getting on a bioidentical hormone regimen has saved me from hotflashes and all the other little problems that come with menapause. Good luck! Diona
shoegirl1023
on 10/1/06 2:09 am - Solon, OH
Thanks for your reply Diona, how did u resolve the ulcer problem and are u better now? Also, thanks for the info on the book. I would like to know more about the bioidentical hormone regime, please email me direct if you can. Thanks. Joanne
wantstowin2
on 10/1/06 11:39 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Hi Joanne, I am 10 mos. out and have noticed that when I do eat more carbs than protein I lack the kind of energy that I had before i started including carbs into my diet again. I started at 217 and now weigh 131 with 6 lbs. til goal. I have tons of energy which I attirbute to walking a lot and eating protein. Good luck to you with menopause -- I am post-menopausal and hated every moment of that stage of my life -- hot flashes, irritability, etc. I do get a B-12 shot every 6 weeks which seems to help a little. Keep up the good work!
coffee
on 10/8/06 11:39 am - arlington, WA
Check for hidden depression, that can certainly decrease energy levels. We are going through an awful lot of physical and emotional adjustments in a short time. And even positive change is a stress to our bodies. I reccommend taking extra b complex with alot of b1, thiamine. This is the one which can pick up your sagging energy. But do not overlook the possibility that you May need to do some journaling, and/ or cut pictures and words from magazines and create collages to express all that is within you. I am having to do that again. PS DO NOT HESITATE TO GET HELP IF YOU NEED IT. Blessings, and good job. I am 3 yrs into menopause, and did not notice your symptoms in my own life when starting into it. ??
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 718 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 674 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 780 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1144 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1079 views