Idea

Diona A.
on 12/7/06 12:42 pm - Miles City, MT
I think they need a show called "The last 20 pounds" instead of the Biggest Loser! Anyone else having trouble loosing the last bit of weight? I still have about 17 pounds I want to loose but boy is my body being stubborn. I've tried about everything upping my protein upping my exercise upping my carbs, cutting carbs, protein etc. and kept bouncing between 154 and 156 until I came down with this cold/bronchitis and budged a couple more pounds. If you have any great ideas, let me know! Diona
April R.
on 12/8/06 11:10 pm - plymouth, MA
Good morning Diona.. During the months of September and October things REALLY slowed down for me and I thought my weight would never move onward.. I started the Body for Life program at the end of Oct with some other members of OH in order to stay in control during the the holidays and have consequently lost 10 pounds in the last month.. woo hoo!! I thought I was done loosing.. but I guess not! The BFL program- Bill Phillips.. http://www.bodyforlife.com/ is an exercise and a light nutriotion program.. I'm doing the original version. I felt like I was in a rut so this program has been a nice change. I was doing aerobics 5 times a week for an hour at a time.. whereas BFL only calls for 20 minutes of intense cardio 3x a week, and 40 minutes of strength training 3x a week.. I feel like it's a lot less then what I was doing but I have amazing results.. my body has completely changed it's shape. The BFL nutrition plan calls for 6 meals a day (for 6 days a weeks with one day off) always coupling protein with good carbs.. which is what my nut says to do anyways.. I just improvise with protein shakes and make sure my protein is higher then my carbs at the end of the day. The program lasts for 12 weeks.. they actually have a wonderful Success Journal that you can get at the book store that takes you through the journey.. all 83 days of it. I'm currently on day 42 and can't wait to see what the next 41 days have in store for me.. food for thought.. April R
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 719 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 674 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 780 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1144 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1079 views