WANTING TO EAT MORE

LindaDLA
on 12/15/06 1:31 am - Metairie, LA
I had my RNY on 12/16/05. I am thrilled with my weight loss and how I feel physically and about myself, etc. I am, however, having issues with wanting to eat more. I am really curious as to what my fellow one-year anniversary peers normally eat. I still don't eat a wide variety of foods. I still have 1-2 protein shakes per day -- I really like them and they don't bother my stomach. I eat a good bit of cheese, tuna salad, yogurt, almonds (lots of almonds; I love them) and it gives me a crunch. I have not ventured out as far as variety goes. I developed an ulcer a couple of months out from surgery and have had issues with hurting when I eat. Are ya'll eating regular foods such as chicken, meats, veggies, etc.? Like I said earlier, I'm having issues with wanting to eat more. I am feeling hungrier more often and just wanting to eat. It scares me because I never want to go back to my old weight and/or old ways. Anyway, just curious about what you one-year post-ops eat. Are your appetites returning? Sometimes I think I don't eat enough and that's why I'm hungry. Thanks.
debbiecsturd
on 12/15/06 8:48 am - upstate small town, NY
I had my surgery 12/5/05 and am at goal. I too have issues with worrying about going off track and gaining the weight back. I have been told to add another meal to stop losing weight. Sometimes I am still hungry and still can't really tell if it is true hunger or head hunger. When this happens, I either have a glass of water, or take one of my calcium lozenges and that helps. I am eating about 1000 calories a day and keep track on fitday.com (best $20 I ever spent). Breakfast is usually Stallone Pudding - gives me 20g protein for only 100 calories right off the bat. Lunch I have either egg salad, chicken salad about 1/2 cup. mid afternoon I drink calorie countdown chocolate milk or big train hot chocolate Supper is usually a pear or apple with peanut butter. Sometimes if I can "afford" it I will have a South Beach Pizza. If I think I need chocolate, and I can "afford" it for the day...I will eat a cocoa via bar. I eat cottage cheese, yogurt, sharp cheese, turkey taco chili, broiled chicken breast, salmon croquettes, cheesy cauliflower, oatmeal, that great peanut butter chocolate pie recipe someone posted on this site a few weeks ago- Yumm., the pumpkin parfait recipe from the last OH magazine also yumm. If I am on the run, I may grab a power crunch bar or an Oh Yeah bar (not often). I also really love the dessert protein I found (cinnamon roll flavor, chocolate almond flavor are ones I have tried). Instead of drinking it, I put a scoop in a few tablespoons of lite cool whip. Hope this helps.
Becca W.
on 12/18/06 5:03 am - port hueneme, CA
Wow, congratulations everyone on such wonderful success. I have a ways to go still before I'm at goal but I started out aa lot higher than most of the people here. That's ok though... I'm still down nearly 190 pounds and am so gratefull and happy. My anniversary will be 12/28. You know what's fun? Looking at these photos of y'all and not recognizing you till I go look at your profiles and see the original pictures. YAY. Anyway, the cinnamon roll and chocolate almond flavored proteins sound delicious. What brand are they and where does one find them? I'm not eating protein powders/shakes much at all any longer. I never could drink them well to start with because the taste just got to me, even though I did a lot of experimenting prior to surgery and found some that were ok... we all know about the whole tastes changing thing... Plus, my surgeon doesn't allow us to continue getting our protein with drinks and bars and such. Even so, I'd like to boost the protein intake with them if I could find some I like. What I do eat is lots of chicken, and shrimp in a billion different recipes. I also eat Kashi's GoLean cereal most mornings for breakfast (110 calories with13g of protein) ,cheeses and lunch meats and that kind of thing.
debbiecsturd
on 12/19/06 8:30 am - upstate small town, NY
It is spelled lean dessert protein shake. website- bsnonline.net is the direct website listed on canister. I either got it through netrition.com or wholesale supplement store.com. It comes in a bright red container. I haven't used shakes in a long time either, but this stuff works great in yogurt or cool whip like I mentioned and it gives me the 18 or 20 grams and carries me through.
wantstowin2
on 12/17/06 4:01 am - Los Angeles, CA
Hi Linda, Congratulations on your weight loss. I had gastric bypass on 12/1/05 and am 3 lbs. away from my goal weight. I feel great and am enjoying my life. I am eating a little more than I did a few months ago and have been trying a variety of food, some good choices and some bad choices. I have not gotten sick for a while (from either overeating or eating too fast) and that scares me a little. The biggest difference for me is my exercising. I walk every day for at least 4 miles. I also have one protein shake in the morning, yoghurt, granola and fruit for lunch, and anything I feel like for dinner. I've tried pizza (no prob), steak (used to love it, now can't eat it), french fries (no prob), desserts, etc., but usually stick to tuna salad, eggplant parmesean, and chili. I am very careful about how much I eat at one time and have noticed that I am grazing. I am trying to pay more attention to when I get full. I also keep track of my weight on FitDay which has helped a lot. Keep up the good work!
shoegirl1023
on 12/18/06 5:51 am - Solon, OH
CONGRATS ON UR WEIGHTLOSS. I know exactly what you mean and how u r feeling. I had my surgery Dec 16, 05 and I also get those days when I feel hungry more than normal, sometimes I am and sometimes its head hunger, when it's head hunger I don't give into it i just peservere and make myself a cup of coffee (decaf) and that normally fills me up. I eat my normal amount of protein followed by veggies/salads. I haven't cheated once since my surgery, so my choices have been good. But i do get very scared when i start to feel uneccesary hunger, but i try to stay focused. I am at goal, I went from 230 to 124 so that motivates me to stay focused. Like u, I NEVER want to go back to the old weight and old life, NEVER!!! This is a life changing journey for us all and we have to make the best of it and realize this is our new life now. Good luck to you for the next year and beyond. Joanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 720 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 674 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 780 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1144 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1079 views