foods to freeze

kizie23
on 11/17/05 12:42 am - blacksburg, VA
I was wondering about suggestions for food to freeze. If all contiunes to go well, I am having surgery on December 27th, 2005. I have a small family at home and just becasue I am going to change the way I eat, should not mean that they should have to also change. This past weekend, my partner made homemade beefstew. I love the stuff. Well Sunday when I came home from work I froze what was left. With the winter months coming up, and my daughter loves the stew, I also thought it would be a good source of protien if I blended it up really well for myself. Is there anything else that anyone can think of. Thanks in advance. Melissa
bblessed27
on 11/18/05 2:29 am - Baltimore, MD
I saw my nutritionist today and she gave me about 3 or 4 different recipes that are used during the pureed stages and one of them was a Basic Meat Stew. She said to make them and use ice cube trays to freeze them in because it makes about 20-25 food cubes and then when you are ready to eat them, you just pop it out the freezer and heat them up. Other recipes are Soybean Puree, Combination Dinner and Pureed Legumes. If you want them, let me know and I can forward them to you and for anyone else that would like them. I was told that I was going to be on pureed foods for 4 weeks so I may be using these recipes several times. As far as food for your daugther, lasgna freezes good if that is something that she likes. Usually if I make too much of it, I end up freezing it for later. If I can think of anything else, I will send it your way. JaNae
almost2tired2
on 11/19/05 10:17 am - Gainesville, FL
I didn't even think about being able to puree the food I feed my family and making my own frozen dinners... Duh, now I feel a little dumb... Great idea!!! I never would have thought about ice cube trays, I'll have to go get some. I remember seeing them for 10-25 cents at one of the charity stores. Does this site have a place for recipes that we can exchange? I haven't been everywhere on it yet. I would like to have copies of the recipes, too.
rustedlady
on 11/20/05 5:14 pm - Memphis, TN
I would just love to have the recipes. I really look forward to my surgery Dec 28th & hope to have most everything ready by then including the freezing you suggested in the ice trays! Good luck to you!! Thank you, Patricia [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 718 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 674 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 780 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1143 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1078 views