9 month anniversary for us December people.. how are you doing?

KellyMASS
on 9/3/08 1:06 am - MA
Hello everyone with December 2007 as your surgery month!.. I wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing... Tomorrow I'll be 9 months out, I see my surgeron on the 10th for my check up. Things are going well although I have noticed that my want for food is back... Bad foods.. not fast foods but things that I should not be eating,... So that has been hard... My kids are back in school as of today So I'm going to get back into my routine.. I was a slacker over the summer with my walking.
I wish you all well...
~Kelly
Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

kellymb
on 9/3/08 2:16 pm - Albuquerque, NM
My nine month anniversary will be on the 26th, wow, already??  I too need to get back on the walking schedule and exercise more.  I'm down 135 pounds total (100#'s post op), BUT, I've developed hypoglycemia recently.  The doc says to eat more protein and more frequently - but it's hard to eat more, how weird was that to say??!!  Other than that, I'm feeling better than I have in years, my hair is finally starting to come back in and I turned 50 on 8/10.  I am so grateful to God and Dr. Davis for giving me my life back.  I am also blessed with an incredible husband who loves me no matter what size I am.  Thanks to my OH friends for their ongoing support.  Kelly
KimJ
on 9/5/08 8:40 am - Sacramento, CA
I love to check in on  other Decembers!  How is everyone?

I am doing great.  Down 157lbs since September 9th of last year,  88lbs since surgery on Dec 17th.  I still haven't had any problems besides hair loss... I haven't even vomitted once...  my labs are great, I feel great. I was hoping I would lose 100lbs in the first year post op, but I doubt that will happen, the weight loss has but much slower than I imagined, but I am still thrilled.  I am hoping to lose 15 or 20 more lbs and then have major plastic surgery!!!  I am hoping I can do it.  Life is a million times better than it was a year ago, I am so thankful for my RNY!!!!!!!!!  AMAZING!

One year ago I wore a 5xl, today I wear a size Large....  One year ago I wore a TIGHT 32, today I wear a 14 that fits....  WOW!

KritterK
on 9/5/08 12:43 pm - Rockwall, TX
My 9 months out date is the 19th.  I'm down 92 lbs., weigh in at 136 and am wearing size 4/6.  My surgeon said at my 6th month check up that he'd like me down to 110 by December.  I don't think that will ever happen.  Weight loss is extremely slow.  I walk 3 miles 2-3 times a week.  I do experience hunger, but always have.  I stay away from bread, pasta and rice.  NO sugar!  No fried foods.  Congratulations to all!  Kristen
Wendi W.
on 9/9/08 12:22 pm - Waukegan, IL
Hello  ,  My 9 month mark is 9/28, but as of  8 months I am down 90lbs.  I have found since the 6 month mark that I will stall for several weeks then I will magically over night lose 4-5 lbs.  I am only 2lbs away from the personal goal of weighing 160lbs ( this is the weight I was at when I met my husband 16 years ago, so anything after this mark is icing on the NSA cake  .  I am now wearing size 10 pants, with large tops, this is from starting at wearing a size 22W pants and a 1X in tops.  I am now able to wear my wedding ring, which I have not been able to since I was pregnant with my son 14 years ago. 

My workout schedule took a nose dive back in June when I started having gall bladder issues, and the gall bladder came out in July.  But, I am slowly working back up to my 6 days a week.  So far I have started jogging again, and I am back up to almost 2.5 miles three days a week and I am back to doing belly dancing on Thursdays.

I can tell you it has been an amazing ride, and I know that I have slowed down in the weight loss but I am not done yet.  Is there anything I miss? Sure, but is it worth it? Nope  Heck, I have yet to test the waters to see if I dump.
Wendi

barbccrn
on 9/10/08 7:02 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hey Kelly...I hit my 9 month mark on the 6th. Total down(including pre-op) is 134 lbs with 56 more to go. Lets not even talk about the last 50+ lbs. Seems that I gain and lose the same 2-3 lbs back and forth for about 3 weeks of every month(since July). Only see a loss 1 week...then its about 4 lbs. Frustrating but it has weaned me off the scale even more. I now pull it out of the closet only once a week.. Had a little setback with exercising the past 2 weeks but now I'm back on track. Also back to logging on dailyplate every day. I need all the help I can get;anyway I can to keep me accountable!!!

I definitely won't hit goal by my 1 year mark but its okay...would love to be at goal by April '09 in time for my BIG 5-0 B Day.  Yes...girls...we must get back to the basics and stick with the gameplan.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

southernbelle52
on 9/10/08 8:19 am - Jacksonville, AL

I'll be at the 9 month mark on 9/13/2008. Since surgery I have lost 113 pounds for a total loss of 151 since early September 2007.

I have about 30-40 more pounds to go. I wear size 10 pants and large and x-large tops. I don't know why my top half is not losing as quickly as my bottom half.

I have had no real complications and am very happy I had my RNY.

Congratulations to all Decembers and your accomplishments.

vickie

FirstFlight Mike
on 9/11/08 4:40 am - Bolton, MA
Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I've checked in with my Dec '07 classmates

I happy to be able to say that last week I hit my initial goal weight, and have since dropped 2 more lbs to weigh in at 248 this morning.

Yay me!

I wrote 'initial' goal weight because now that I'm here I will let my body keep losing if it will, maybe another 10-15 lbs, to put me at my new goal weight of around 235-240.

But as of today, that makes a total loss of 208 lbs, 152 since surgery on Dec 19th. My waist size has gone from a 64 to a 42 and still shrinking.

There are photos on my profile, and I have a web page of progress photos. The links along the top f the page take you from surgery day to the 8 month photos in Aug. The 9 month photos will happen in about one week:

http://web.mac.com/mikeprevost/Site/Surgery_Day.html

I aggressively avoid carbs, particularly bread, pasta, sugar. Carb sources are fruit, some potato, even less rice.

I'm able to do 30 minutes or more on my stairclimber at a fairly high setting (95 flights of stairs in 30 minutes). Also working on the other life goals I identified before starting down the WLS path

No complications, no complaints. Also no hesitation about doing this all over again if I had to. The changes in my life are amazing and too much to write about in one posting.

Remember everyone, don't do this alone. Come to OH whenever you need support, and go to support meetings regularly with real live people. It helps immensely.

Good luck to each and every one of us as our journey continues...

Mike

Saphire Skies
on 9/16/08 12:18 am
As of this morning, I've lost 136 lbs from my all-time high.  I've lost 111 since surgery.  I'm feeling terrific, with the exception of some leg cramps and fatigue caused by a Vit D deficiency. 

My only real issue since surgery has been kidney stones and kidney infections.  I was never a big drinker before surgery, and that certainly hasn't changed.  I have a long history of kidney stones/infections, so I can't blame it on the surgery.  However, they have become more frequent---possibly because of the mega-supplement of calcium I must take each day, combined with my lack of fluid intake.

Anyway, I'm feeling great, overall.  I can fit into size 16/18 and XL tops.  I feel sexy again.
Sluggo
on 9/16/08 12:50 am - Virginia Beach, VA
YEAHHHH 9 Months.  I would be lieing if I said it was easy, but honestly it has not been hard either.  I dont drink as much water as I should, I do tend to snack, but my snack has proteins.
I am finding myself easting some carbs as well.  But I am staying FARRRRRRR away from those Sugars.  Still try to keep it below 12 grams of sugar at any one given meal.

I am 3 lbs away from my over all goal.  My loss as slowed down, but honestly I am ok with that.  I feel great, people tell me I look great, but if I end up loosing another 15 lbs by my year mark, I am ok with that.  But honestly, I am a a 6' biker, who does not want to look sickly and too skinny either.  I went from 311 , 49" waist to 188 at a 32" waist.  If I get to 175, I will try and stop the loss from there.

But this surgery has been such a true blessing.

I love you guys...
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 609 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 637 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 845 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twinmama06 · 3 replies · 896 views
I am Back