Dec 28 Date for VS

Dubs
on 12/17/13 12:33 am - Minneapolis, MN

I am excited and looking for to being healthier and less self conscious about my size. My surgeon was so good when I saw him last Thursday. If a surgical suite opens he would like to do my VS this Friday. I start the all liquid protein pre op diet tomorrow. I am worried about gas and constipation on all this protein made with milk as a base. The dietitian really emphasized the need to use milk vs. Rice dream and a whey product vs. Vegan rice protein that I usually use. I am lactose intolerant.

i still need guidance on what to do about some sustained or extended release medications. I take a few medications that hospitals do not usually carry in their pharmacies. That include an expensive growth hormone that must be injected. I've been told not to bring any medications to the hospital.

For my cervical spine surgery a few years ago they had me being my growth hormone and keep it in the frig on the floor.

Can anyone share their experience with the post op period and their extended release medications and with injectible a not available in hospitals?

Now, to get through ten days of protein shakes! Go to keep my eye on the prize!

DUBS, Surgery 12/28/2014.  My success comes from diligence and support. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Update on my VSG 12/19/13
teresa C. · 0 replies · 555 views
Update on my SV Dec 28 2014
Dubs · 0 replies · 488 views
Dec 28 Date for VS
Dubs · 0 replies · 604 views