Info needed Please

abouttime
on 9/19/06 3:04 pm - nanaimo, Canada
I am looking into having lap band surgery. It is time for me to take care of myself. I have tried to lsoe weight everyway I can and always end up gaining it back. I hope this will help me to get my life back once and for all. I am from BC but would like to have surgery in Edmonton (I have a friend who could help me for during recovery) Does anyone know of out of province patients having surgery near edmonton? Also what is the average wait for surgery 1 yr or more? I know the wait list in BC for anything is extremely long. Thank you tl
penny1
on 9/20/06 1:50 am - vulcan, Canada
i am just starting this journey here in calgary.. have my first appointment oct 10.. i will keep in touch if you wish and let you know how it goes and wait times and the likes of it all... if calgary is an option for you .. you can stay with me.. i am 55 year old lady..live alone.. kids grown....mm
BJH
on 10/24/06 1:19 pm - Canada
HI THERE I TOO AM NEW TO THIS, I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THIS SURGERY FOR A LONG TIME ALSO. I LIVE NEAR CALGARY, JUST WONDERING HOW LONG THE WAIT IS. IS IT COVERED BY ALBERTA HEALTH, AND DO I NEED A REFERAL FROM MY FAMILY DOCTOR. THANKS.
BJH
on 11/2/06 2:07 am - Canada
Hi Myrna, I am new to this and wondering what your app. entailed. Which doctor are you going with. I still hve to see my family doctor for a referal. Then how long did you wait after that.
burgundylady2003
on 9/21/06 1:19 pm - small town, Canada
I had surgery Aug 29 in Edmonton. I am from Saskatchewan and had no problem getting in, but went to see Dr. Davey in Bonnyville, a small city he went to once a month. I had my first consult in March and surgery at the end of August. You might want to contact the Bariatric Clinic at the Royal Alexander hospital in Edmonton.
abouttime
on 9/22/06 8:42 am - nanaimo, Canada
Thank you both for your replies..... Please keep me updated with your jouneys. I wonder what would happen with fills when I needed them? Would I be able to get it done here or would I have to travel back? thanks again!!
LisaBoston
on 9/25/06 4:28 pm - Canada
Key thing is to check with the doctor to find out about post-op care. I know there are many doctors that won't work on you if you are another bariatric doctors patient unless its an emergency. I have to travel over 14 hours by road to see my surgeon. It is much easier in a larger centre.
Most Active