Edmonton Area Support Group

Woz
on 10/23/06 3:41 pm - Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
Hello my name is Pam and im the co moderator for the Edmonton Bariatric Support group. I know alot out there dont realize that we do have a monthly support group available to us here in Edmonton and we have patients from in and around the Edmonton Area attending. We have many who had surgery in Red Deer and Medicine Hat as well. We also have an online Yahoo support group as well. If you are interested in attending a meeting or becoming part of our online support group, Please feel free to email me and i will be happy to give you the information needed to join in. Pamela
lifechanges
on 10/25/06 12:56 am - Canada
Good Morning Pam. I am very interested in any support that is being offered to me. I am scared and confused and have a million questions. A support group sounds like fun. I live in Mundare not to far from you, and my half sister teaches aqua size at the fort pool kinda small world. I Look forward to hearing from you. Tammy
clconnors
on 10/25/06 2:15 am - Canada
Hi,Pam I would love to be part of a support group.I live in Sherwood Park and was banded Sept 21,2006.Please let me know!
clconnors
on 10/25/06 2:23 am - Canada
Hi,Pam I would love to be a part of a support group.I live in Sherwood Park,please contact me with information!
MissBrenda
on 10/30/06 12:01 pm - Canada
Hi there, I had just posted this for someone else, but here it is for you as well. You might also want to visit the lapband forum and messageboard. Several people with all sorts of experience and answers for you!! Here is the link to the page for you, http://obesityhelp.com/forums/LapBand/a,messageboard/board_id,5359/ I visit it daily, and the knowledge of the variety of people is invaluable. It's great to use in addition to a support group, because you won't find this many answers from this many people in meetings. It looks like you're on the right path, best of luck to you, I hope you visit the board if you don't already. Brenda
lorrainem
on 10/30/06 2:39 am - Canada
Hi Pam: My name is Lorraine and I recently had the lapbandsurgery. It was Oct. 10 to be precise and want to get in contact with someone who has been banded around the same time. I lost about ten pounds during my two week fluid diet but haven't lost a pound in about two weeks. Is this normal? I have been trying to not overeat but haven't really been receiving the message from my tummy that I am full. I thought that I would be losing weight since I have been walking and have started going to the gym. I wonder if any buddy out there is having the same problems. I should receive a fill on November 27. Lorraine M
MissBrenda
on 10/30/06 11:59 am - Canada
Hi Lorraine, You might also want to visit the lapband forum and messageboard. Several people with all sorts of experience and answers for you!! Here is the link to the page for you, http://obesityhelp.com/forums/LapBand/a,messageboard/board_id,5359/ I visit it daily, and the knowledge of the variety of people is invaluable. It's great to use in addition to a support group, because you won't find this many answers from this many people in meetings. It looks like you're on the right path, best of luck to you, I hope you visit the board. Brenda
cowpatty
on 11/4/06 7:18 am
I am from Montana (USA) and not so far from alberta I would like to have more information about having my surgery done in canada my insurance denied here however I wonder if paying out of pocket may be more cost effective to have it done in Canada? Do you know the cost? I understand from my research that there is a waiting list to have this done? Is that correct? thank you Pat
cindy_s
on 11/26/06 12:54 pm - Canada
Hi Pam, I would like to attend your supprt grp mtg. I live in Sherwood Pk area - close to Edmonton. I am looking to have a revision and wanting support from people who may have been thru a similar experience. Please let me know when and where. Thanks Cindy
Most Active