Just Starting Out

sillysher
on 11/23/06 1:50 am - Cambodia
Hello! I am just starting the process to find out about the Lap Band. My initial appointment with my Dr. for the refferall is on Monday morning. I've NEVER had any type of surgery what so ever (I've still got my tonsil's). Where can I find information from people who have had this done? The recovery times, the success, the not so good stories? I'm the type of person who likes to be well informed about something, especially this serious. My current bmi is 40.1. I live in Edmonton, and wondering what the average wait time is. How long the whole process takes. I would love to hear from those who have had the surgery, and can tell me about it. Thanks for all your help in advance. I look forward to talking to some of you.
hobo998
on 11/23/06 10:06 am - Canada
Sherry: Here is the link to the band forum... http://obesityhelp.com/forums/LapBand/a,messageboard/board_id,5359/ you will get a good idea of the ups and downs of banding from this forum. There is the support group in Edmonton that meets once a month that would be a great source of info. You can check out Pams post on this site and she could help you with the details if your interesed. Hope everything works out for you. Terry
Most Active