Weight Wise Clinic & Wait Times

sillysher
on 12/4/06 6:16 am - Cambodia
I am just wondering do I HAVE to go through the Weight Wise Clinic through Capital Health, if I want to see a dr. outside of the Capital Health region (say Red Deer ect?). I was told that the wait time to get into the program is 1.5 years, and well, that's an awful long time. But I have noticed that there are other surgeons in Alberta rather than the ones in Edmonton. Does anyone know? I do need this covered by ABHC.
Carolyn W.
on 1/19/07 2:09 pm - Edmonton, Canada
If you want to see Dr. Farries in Red Deer or Dr. Nohr in Medicin Hat you don't have to go through the Weight Wise Clinic in Edmonton - that is for Dr. Davey and Dr. Birch in Edmonton. As far as I now Dr. Farries only takes referrals on May 1 of each year so you must have your doctor call his office first thing that morning. I know people are referred in May and have their surgery within a year. Dr. Nohr is different and I think a longer wait. I am a patient of Dr. Davey and Birch in Edmonton and am 9 mths out from a lap RNY surgery. I know some Dr. Farries and Nohr patients personnaly. Pls feel free to e-mail me if you would like. I haven't been on obesity help much in months now but decided to take a peak tonight. This board is not very active - people tend to post to the month boards that they had their surgery - ie when I was active it was in the April board. Good luck - this is a great tool if you can manage to get past the wait - I had a long one myself - but it was all worth it...... Carolyn
cindy_s
on 1/20/07 1:23 am - Canada
Carolyn, can you tell me of the next support group mtg. I sent a msg to the person who started this grp mtg - but no response. I live in the Sherwood Park area and would like to attend the next mtg if possible. I am post op/pre-op, I have a failed VBG (done 10yrs ago) and am seeing Dr. Davey in 6 weeks - hoping for the approval to have a revision - done RNY. I last saw Dr. Davey in April/06 - have gone thru all the diet and exercise chgs to graduate me to THE APPT - approved or not. I sure hope so, I have really increased the amt of daily exercise - but have new problems to deal with- hips and knees now hurt when on treadmill. I look forward to being on the losing side - once again! Cindy
Sarahbear1
on 5/16/08 7:55 am - Edmonton, Canada
could u email me ...? Sarah Fancher in Edmonton
pappabear1
on 6/24/09 8:45 am - edmonton, Canada

hi carolyn, i'm very new to all of this could you please send me a private message?. I'd like to ask you a few questions. D

Most Active