Scared

marty_gal
on 12/20/06 3:31 am - Canada
Hi all. Well, I have my date set for February 2nd with Dr. Cobourn in Toronto. I am scared and excited at the same time. I am excited because I finally feel like I am doing something good for myself and my health. I can't wait to start to feel good in my skin and to shop in the "non-plus size stores" I am scared because I've failed at all the other things I have tried and I don't want this to be the same. I know I can do this if I keep to the program but there is a nagging thought in the back of my mind of failure. Yes, I have low self esteem. Any words of encouragement would be greatly received. Well, Merry Christmas everyone. Have a safe and healthy New Year. Chat soon. Dawn
Renewal
on 12/20/06 12:47 pm - Canada
Dawn...you wouldn't be normal if you were not scared! You can do this and you are going to be healthy and fabulous...not that you aren't already. I have a feeling that my date will be in Feb as well so we can keep tabs on each other. Tell me...what made you pick Dr. Cobourn over the Toronto Lap Band clinic, or was he your first choice. When I had my consultation with TLBC, I didn't have to pay anything for the consult, but it was with a lap bander, not the doctor himself. But she was definitely helpful! And Dawn...you and I both experienced having to ask for a belt extender on the plane, so just remember that feeling while you are waiting for the surgery and of course, talk to all of the rest of us. I am praying for you and keeping you in my heart. Have a merry x-mas as well, and we know you are going to have a happy new year, being the fabulous new hot Dawn! Karen
marty_gal
on 12/22/06 4:08 am - Canada
Hey Karen. Thanks for the great words. I guess I am just used to beating myself up. That would be so cool if you and I were there at the same time. Where do you live? I am way up here in the Northwest Territories. I chose Dr. Cobourn after I saw an ad on Lap-band on TV. The ad was for a clinic in the states but I researched and found Dr. Cobourn. He is a great person. He called me as well on a Saturday while I was still debating what to do. I found that the wait time in Alberta was too long so that's why I went with them. I am getting excited. So, what age are you, Karen? I am 36. I would really like it if we could keep in touch. It would help me to have a female to share some things with. If you ever want to email me instead of posting here for all to see my email is [email protected] Keep in touch. Have a great Christmas. Dawn
tj00035
on 1/25/07 11:46 pm - Canada
Hi, call me tj...i had my lap band surgery with dr cobourn this past friday jan 19th and all went well. On dec 29th when i started my optifast diet i weighed in at 355pds....and so far as of today (jan 26th) i am down to 332pd. I have the same fears as you, having always failed at other diets, i fear also failing at this one, but as per the info we were given, if we stick to the program it cant fail it only takes a longer time to lose the weight then does the ryn procedure or gastric bypass, but even if we lose 2pds a week over 1 year thats 104pds!!!! im located in ontario...email be back anytime. Good luck, let me know how it goes. :-)
Most Active