(deactivated member)
on 5/10/07 10:17 am, edited 7/18/13 2:34 pm - Canada
Eggface
on 5/12/07 3:11 pm - Sunny Southern, CA
You might also want to wander over and check out the South of the Border Forum... http://obesityhelp.com/forums/south-of-the-border/ Hope this helps, ~Michelle OH Member Services
Lainybug
on 5/18/07 5:47 am - Edmonton, Canada
I was looking into going out of country, but I told my surgeons office I was available at a moments notice - and I only ended up waiting 5 months total. It may be worth a shot. Elaine
sunseeker37
on 5/21/07 7:08 am - Saskatoon, Canada
Hello, I just had my surgery done in Mexico by Dr. Kuri. The care and the facilities are excellent. The hospital was nicer and cleaner than any hospital you would find in Canada or the US. I now know a lot of people who have had their surgery in Mexico and you can feel completely safe in the decision to go to Mexico for surgery. Dr. Kuri has a web special right now for $7500 USD. His regular price is almost $9000. This includes two nights in hospital, two nights in hotel, transportation from the San Diego airport to Tijuana and return etc. There are some doctors as low as $6500 - $7000 but some are not as reputable as Dr. Kuri. Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Kuri are the top two rated lap band surgeons in Mexico. For the slight difference in price I wanted to go with one of the best. There are lots of boards and sites that will give you lots of information on lap band surgery, doctors, etc. Check out Yahoo groups under lap band or lapbandtalk.com. MC
kapesland
on 6/6/07 12:29 pm - Calgary, Canada
My daughter and I went to Mexico for Lap Band Surgery the beginning of May. Dr. Ortiz was the surgeon in Tijuana. Most of my friends said ooooooo --- Tijuana!!!!! The care we had and the facility could not even be compared to Canada. They were fabulous--- my daughter had a bit of nausea from the anesthic and the nurses were a better mother to her than I was -- fanning her, holding her hand etc., etc. Everything went very well. The only thing I wasn't expecting (which I should have) is that you probably shouldn't plan to go back to work for a week if you do any type of physical labor (office work you could go back to right away). Dr Ortiz and his staff are the BEST!
Most Active