Income Tax

moxy 809
on 3/25/11 3:11 pm

Because I have to travel so far to the city I can claim travel expenses to medical appts on my income tax.  But does anyone know if I can include the modules as well?  Or just the appts at the clinic?  Tax time can be a little confusing sometimes.

Thanks

Keelan
on 3/25/11 3:25 pm
I claimed travel last year but had to have proof from the clinic that I attended all the appointments but i couldn't use the modules as I was told there is no real purpose to them in a tax sence cause there was no doctor present.
But I would suggest trying it and see what happens. 2010 is a whole new tax season it may have changes. Just be sure to have proof in case they audit you.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

moxy 809
on 3/27/11 2:27 am
Thanks Kee,
I will make sure I have proof of all of my appointments.  And  I think I will at least try to include the modules.  It never hurts to try, right?  :)
Christa
trapped37
on 3/26/11 3:30 am
I agree with Kee, all Doctors appts can be claimed but not the other. But there is never any harm in asking!
kriskj
on 3/26/11 3:46 am - Canada
Because i live so far from my doctors i claim my travel expenses every year. My proof of visit..... i call alberta health care and get a statement of benefits sent out to me every year. its totally free and it lists every visit you have made throughout the year. I would only use those appointments as they are well documented and charges were made against your health care. When you add all your visits, any money you pay into your benefits and money spent on perscriptions it adds up so quickly and makes a big difference to your taxes, well it does for me anyways!!! Good Luck
   Since Nov '10        Since Surgery
moxy 809
on 3/27/11 2:31 am
That's a great idea to get a statement from Alberta Health.  With prescriptions, glasses, dentist and medical trips I think we have enough to make a bit of a difference on our taxes.  I want to make sure I claim everything I possible can.

Thanks for the tips everyone,
Christa
Chance22
on 3/28/11 11:02 am - Canada
I claimed the modules. I used my module tracker and I kept a mileage log for the entire year.

The modules were a mandatory part of treatment, so I claimed them and so far so good.

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anais Nin      
Highest Weight: 242 lbs 1st Clinic visit: 236.8lbs
Weight at Surgery: 193.1 Surgery Date: May 18, 2011 Current Weight: 134.4 lbs

Most Active