Panties in a Twist

Silk911
on 4/6/11 5:29 am
I don't know if anyone else has ever had to deal with issues like this or not, but I can tell you.... it's completely annoying!

Since loosing a bunch of weight, I've finally had to break down and buy some new underwear. I, absolutely abhor shopping for underwear because you can't try them on and you can't return them. So your stuck with them. So you have to guess the correct size by what size pants you wear. The guides on the underwear package lie! They only go by weight and not actual size... they suck when you have a larger caboose.

So, anyway, I had to buy them. So I bought a size XL and a size L. I figured that they were close to the size 16 pants I wear now. The size L fit great.

So here's the issue. When you finally have underwear that fit properly, when you go potty, you have to drop the drawers to your ankles to be able to open your legs wide enough to clean up afterward. Then when you go to pull them up, they're all twisted and such a pain!

I never had that problem with my old size 6X baggy bloomers, but then again.. they never actually stayed up any more. lol

Sigh*****... something else to get used to... (I think I can handle the pressure LOL)...

Just a strange observation from someone getting accustomed to her new body....

Melody

Tige-Girl
on 4/6/11 6:39 am - Canada
Size 16! Way to go!! Soon you'll be in "thong" territory and won't have to worry about getting your knickers in a twist!!!LOL!!!
Mykmini
on 4/6/11 6:45 am
RNY on 03/15/12
 Oh man, if you read your whole post (and reply) a few times your butt will be so laughed off you wont need to worry about the big caboose anymore. Thanks for the laugh, when I get to that stage I know I will not be alone. 

Referral Date- Feb. 3, 2011  1st consultation booked- May 2011
Approved for surgery-Oct 2011
Surgery Date- March 15, 2012

Hw-321 Cw-305.8

Keelan
on 4/7/11 1:01 pm
Melody this is so funny, and Honey I hope I'm laughing with you and not at you. All these new changes are hard to get use to but it means that our surgery is working and we are headed in the right direction.
Cheer's to more Non Scale Victorys.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Silk911
on 4/8/11 12:50 am
Hi Kee, and everyone else,

You were DEFINATELY laughing WITH me... lol..

This is one of those things that annoys the hell out of you... but all you can really do is laugh....

I call this a big NSV... I dropped down 6 sizes in underwear, 10 inches and 3 cup sizes in my bra, my tops have gone from a tight 32 to a loose 14, my pants have gone from a very tight 32/34 to a size 16. Even my shoes have to shrink. I've gone from a size 8 1/2W to a regular 8 very comfortably....

I've cleaned out my closet drastically. Almost everything has been replaced... including the dreaded underwear... I only really have the basics for now... because I don't intend to stop here... just a resting point.. I still have another 40 or so pounds to go...

I've kept any clothing suitable for camping and gardening.. as long as they stay up... lol..

If feels soooooo good to be able to buy clothing that I like.. not just clothing that fits...

I figure if we can't laugh at ourselves, we might as well roll over and drop down 6 feet under.

Melody

Most Active