Are you serious.....The good and the bad....

halfjen
on 5/19/11 10:06 am - Canada
Ok so the good news....
I am finally within the "normal" weight and BMI for my height....
I am 27...5'7"....158lbs...and my BMI is FINALLY 24.7!
I saw the plastic surgeon yesterday and he gave me the ok for the panni...100% covered by AHC...and he is working with another surgeon to kill 2 birds with one stone....YAY! (have to have a hysterectomy....so why not do them at the same time is my thought...both surgeons agreed)

The bad news....I have yet ANOTHER complication....a suspected ulcer and dr k can't get me in for a scope till next week, but in the meantime is treating me for the suspected ulcer....I have been able to reach my weight goal only because I've not been able to eat or drink since Monday....
I spent Monday in the ER and I was very frustrated with the fact that the ER refused to call dr k....

They now tell me I have to force myself to eat and drink....this is worse than right after my initial surgery....so now the daily battle begins to stay healthy, I know I'm already dehydrated...now to nip it in the but before I have to go to the ER for an iv....

newmom35
on 5/19/11 2:20 pm - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 12/19/12
Good Luck with your surgery! That is good news.
Sorry about the Ulcer and I hope you feel better soon.
Keelan
on 5/20/11 12:02 am
This is such awesome new, well the tummy surgery part. You must be on cloud nine. I think it's awesome too that Dr. Toy is willing to work with your other surgeon, you must be so Thankful to have to not go through separate surgeries for it.
On the other hand I'm sorry that your having more complications. Please try and at least stay hydrated. Thinking of you and sending you well wishes.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Silk911
on 5/20/11 1:37 am
Hi Jen,

Don't sweat the ulcer.... just medicate...

I was diagnosed with an ulcer after I had a dialation. That's when they found it....

Run to the store and grab some Zantac... strongest you can get... start taking that at the maximum allowable dose until you can get back to the doc.... just don't take any on the morning of the scope...

It will definately help with the pain and the excess acid in your stomach. And it will enable you to drink fluids again... and possibly eat bland food items... Cream of Wheat and Oat Bran were the easiest...

It will take an hour or so for the Meds to actually work.... so in the mean time, I drank hot beverages, Tea, SF Hot Chocolate, etc.... and that really seemed to help...

I hope all goes well for you.... you really deserve a GREAT outcome.... !!

Melody

halfjen
on 5/20/11 2:28 am - Canada
My ulcer isn't caused by acid it's caused by h-pylori...on too of that the pain is insaine...it hurts to eat and drink...ugh

Most Active